Survivor (US)

I thought the exact same thing. It looked like plonking a few barrels on the board.

I think what happened was Tai was willing to flip but realised he didn’t had the numbers… so agreed to stick by his tribe and the original vote. Therefore Idol wasn’t needed. I’m wondering if Sandra or Jeff Varner came to Tai earlier with a plot to rid of Ozzy he might have been more willing to do that and use his Idol to make the move.

Also thinking his own alliance should probably have cut him loose that vote with how wish washy he became. Tai comes across as such an unreliable flip flopper. He seems to think he’s playing a better game this time but he’s not. He’s too easily convinced to change his vote at the last second and isn’t smart enough to keep quiet about it. I’m sure he will be an immediate target come the merge.

Given how many twists and turns that producers want to throw in this season it wouldn’t surprise me if that happened.

Well there have been rumours of a major controversy occurring at some point this season and it’s going to happen tonight (confirmed by the contestant at the centre of it all in articles published the last couple of days). There are rumours it’s so controversial that producers could edit a lot of this out (as there was no point made of it in the commercials) so interesting to see what happens…

That was certainly a Tribal Council that will go down in Survivor history as being one of the most memorable and powerful. Don’t think we’ll see that contestant asked to compete again. Such a dirty move from someone who you’d think would know better.

Oh so the controversy must have all made the cut then? I can only imagine how shocking it’s going to be.

I haven’t watched it yet but it presumably has to do with Varner making fun of/revealing that Zeke is transexual

@sav001 You prob should put that in spoiler tags.

Edit: Wow it has made news headlines even in Australia so hard to avoid spoilers. It’s the headline story on news.com.au with the article titled ‘SURVIVOR DISGUST: Worst thing anyone has done on the show’.

:fearful:

Another memorable tribal “where were you when…”.

It made me wonder, however, what if Vander had an idol.

I also thought it would have be fairer to allow the usual secret ballot. While everyone said that they wanted Vander gone because of his behaviour, there were strategic reasons keeping him precisely because of it. With a merge coming in the next episode, will they regret not having at least had the opportunity to vote for Ozzie and keep around someone that no jury would award one million dollars to.

I think the vote was pretty conclusive. Had they kept Varner after doing that the others would have looked just as bad for allowing that sort of behaviour. It was never going to happen and Varner knew himself that he had to go after that. I don’t see he target shifting from Ozzie next week he is a typical merge physical threat target.

I actually thought the whole thing was handled well. Apart from Varner blurting it out the way everyone put their support behind Zeke and shared stories/emotion really shone an uplifting light on it all.

Varner also goes down in history as the only 3 time player to never make the jury.

Reunion show should be very interesting television.

Includes short interviews with Zeke and Varner

http://deadline.com/2017/04/survivor-jeff-varner-fired-real-estate-job-1202070616/

He claimed one moment didn’t make it to final air — that Smith said to him, “There is no deception, I’m not deceiving anybody,” which Varner says prompted him to followup by outing him as transgender — and that CBS paid for therapy for both Varner and Smith afterwards.

I did not like his antics but to ‘lose’ his job over it seems extreme.

1 Like

This week is a double episode.

I’ve stuck with this and although some of these millennials are super annoying, I’ve enjoyed the game play. You certainly don’t get “thrive nuggets” on Survivor. Hopefully the Survivor casting people are watching and invite Mr. Thrive to compete in a future season. He has the potential to become one of the greatest villains since Johnny Fairplay and Russell Hantz.

I will have to get a hold of this as MTV Australia don’t plan on playing it apparently.

Great episodes last night but it didn’t turn out to be as chaotic a merge a lot of the previous seasons.

In the first episode I never understood why the vote ended up being between Hali and Michaela. They were both clearly on their own and on the bottom so should have been easy numbers to make a move on a big target. I was also so confused by the second vote at how many different people received votes. It seems that there is one solid alliance of about 6 and the other side are just voting all over the place (and for each other… stupid!)

I also thought Zeke was smarter than what he did last night. It felt like exactly what he did to Hannah in Millenials vs Gen X where he suddenly turned on one of his closest allies out of nowhere. I don’t know how he managed to even think he had close to enough numbers to try and turn it that way and has now shot himself in the foot.

The people that I’m liking all seem to be on the wrong side of the votes now. I really do hope that the likes of Zeke/Aubry/Cirie/Michaela/Andrea can do something next week as I couldn’t tolerate this season being dictated by the likes of Tryozan/Sierra/Cullpepper. I actually cannot stand Sierra sitting there thinking she’s in charge of everything. Ugh go away.

Seriously downhill this week. Hate Zeke, hate Cirie. If both go, the others are boring.

For me they are the two strongest characters out there.

I was never much of a fan of Cirie in the past, I liked her in her first season but couldn’t stand her by the end of Heroes vs Villains. Even the first half of this season I was very meh about her. However last night she reminded me why they brought her back. She narrates well, she’s smart and she does subtle things (like throw a vote Sierra’s way just to stir the pot) that keep it interesting. She’s the one person left I hope makes it to the end. Zeke frustrates the hell out of me with his whole play to hard too early thing but he is still one of the most entertaining characters there and at least he is willing to play (even if they are stupid moves).

Also couldn’t resist to post this. Love the facial reactions following this vote particularly of Cirie and Debbie.

Mannnnnn the past four tribal councils have broken my heart (COME ON CIRIE YOU CAN STILL WIN)

I saw this and was pretty funny - interesting how much things change!

Also lmao at Andrea saying to Zeke “See you never”

1 Like

Not sure why Debbie used her extra vote at the second tribal which was a complete waste. Surely she knew she didn’t have to use it.