Survivor (US)

Was she? I thought it was Hali who swayed the move from Sandra to Malcolm as she made it clear they should be going for physical threats? So they did that to keep her from swinging? I’m probably wrong though as I swear I need to watch this Tribal Council again, so much happened at that Tribal Council that I didn’t know what was going on.

I will say though that Sandra needs to stop being so damn cocky. It almost shot her in the foot last. Hali seemed willing to jump ship when she announced “I don’t consent” but Sandra said they need to just vote. Maybe if they lured Hali in more she would have told them to vote for someone else instead of Sierra. Also Sandra’s ignorance about Idols has just got to stop. They are a part of the game so you always need to factor them in.

Is this something you made up or something I should know already haha. I never knew Sierra was a fan favourite or sole survivor.

it’s a meme on /r/survivor lmao

1 Like

Beats me how JT ever managed to win a season :sunglasses:

I think the tribal would have been better if the teams had not been allowed to interact as much - OK if they wanted to yell something out, but not to get up and walk over and whisper.

Not sure why they need all these gimmicks especially in this season and so early on.

1 Like

I don’t agree with this at all. I don’t like any twists where contestants don’t have much of an opportunity to strategise around it, so because they never got a chance to speak to anyone on the other side before TC so they had to do it there. Otherwise the vote would have been based on a lot of luck. At least the chit chat at Tribal gave people an opportunity to flip or share information if they wanted too.

1 Like

For me it ruined the whole point of the twist where the tribes had plenty of time to strategise within their own tribe before council. They shouldn’t have had the opportunity to interact as much any more, otherwise, what was the point.

Yep that was the craziest Tribal Council I have ever witnessed. Poor Malcolm must have felt awful. I know if I went out in that way I would want to vomit too.

So many people saying craziest Tribal ever but no way does it top some of the others. Maybe craziest pre-merge Tribal ever I would say but it was only chaotic because producers forced them into a vote where they couldn’t speak to half the others prior. There are still ones that are more iconic such as where we’ve gone to rocks, Parvati pulling out two Idols, Malcolm playing two Idols, the girls Idol steal off Erik at Tribal in Micronesia and the double Idol play with no valid votes on Second Chances (which would have to be the craziest ever by a mile). It doesn’t top a lot of those…

I have never seen groups of people huddling together. Jumping up and whispering etc… It would be my vote for the craziest I have seen. Yes we have seen idols being pulled out, rocks being drawn but it was more down to the chaos that made this one ‘crazy’. I didn’t say it was the most iconic, biggest move are anything of those sorts.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

This twist actually could have worked better if it was the pre-merge vote and Jeff dropped that bombshell at Tribal. People then would have been more willing to flip. You could tell Hali was 100% willing to flip (and probably JT too) but knowing there would be consequences and putting them straight to the bottom of their tribes everyone stuck to the vote.

1 Like

JT should never have played Survivor again after wining Tocantins as he has only ruined his reputation since. To have gone the way he did handing over an Idol in Heroes vs Villains was bad enough but now to go home with an Idol in his pocket… what an idiot.

Sandra is most definitely Queen. A two time winner having gone to 4/5 Tribal Councils this season and is still there. Heck her name has barely been written down at all. What she did with the sugar last night was GENIOUS! It ensured her name was out of the mix and had the vote shifted the other way it still would have been Michaela going and not her. Brilliant. Also absolutely loved Michaela’s reactions at Tribal puring the drink and ‘Bye Felicia’. It’s like she’s Sandra’s apprentice learning off the best haha.

I am just frustrated this season by the fact that strong players are going because they are going to Tribal time and time again yet most on that green tribe have not even faced a vote. I’m praying that Sandra at least makes the merge bevcause she deserves too… but if we are going to two tribes next week she is likely to be in a minority and a target. Hopefully she’s the one that goes to Exile Island (that person I assume is safe from a vote).

Also a retuning castaway next week? That is random… I’m worried there are too many twists and turns this season.

1 Like

I love Sandra but I feel her cockiness will see her exit early.

Michaela was very funny at tribal. Loved it.

JT seriously the dumbest survivor I have ever watched. He should have never been on a game changers season.

1 Like

His performance on HvV & GC is really making me question how he managed to win. (inb4 Fishbach)

Some people are saying it could be B.Rob (As Ozzy surpasses him to the most played days on Survivor), Malcolm (similarly to the outcasts twist shudders in Pearl Islands) or Rupert (He’s done that on Survivor Israel).

Don’t forget about the return of Exile Island (at least it’s not that god-awful Redemption Island).

Loving this season so far.

Yeah Rob posted a picture of his kids wearing all the buffs from this season quite a while ago so seems most likely him but who knows. I’m guessing whoever it is just comes as part of a challenge or maybe spends a night with whoever is on Exile Island. It’s already a 20 person cast so I can’t see how they can fit adding in another cast member or returning a cast member. It would mean they need a couple double boot eps at the very least. Although would be an interesting surprise if someone does return (eg have been on exile since being booted) as so many strong players have left early.

[quote=“turdall, post:296, topic:823”]
JT seriously the dumbest survivor I have ever watched.[/quote]

And his accent does him no favours where dumbness is concerned.

Well that was sad :frowning:

It frustrates me that Sandra has been to 5 out of 6 Tribal Council’s yet half that tribe were going to their first last night. She has proven herself more and survived more Tribal’s than some people will who make it into the merge.

There are also too many gimmicky twists and turns this season for my liking. It needs to stop. Tai has his third Idol, Debbie has an extra vote, Sierra has a legacy advantage, Troyzan has an Idol… what next? I also thought hiding the Idol on the other tribe in the exact same spot seemed suss and unfair when they were doing a tribe switch. Also what was the point of Cochrane? Was he originally to be on the cast but pulled out last minute? That was just bizarre.

I’m dumbfounded why someone like Ozzy who is a clear threat made no effort to team up with someone like Sandra… because now that she is gone he becomes everyone’s target. Working with her would have deflected some of the attention of him too. Hasn’t he learnt from his previous mistakes?

2 Likes

I thought the name ‘game changers’ referred to the players but it seems it is more out how producers are running the show. All the twists are making it so hard for contestants to strategies any sort of game and it comes down to some luck as to which tribe you end up on this week. It seems like they should add Out Luck to the show’s tag line.

3 Likes

What an episode! All I can say is wow - what a trade off Sandra for Debbie.

The only good thing about Sandra going is it will hopefully mean the focus will shift to some other players. The editing has been very Sandra focused and obviously they wanted to milk her for all their worth given she didn’t make the merge. I feel like I’ve barely seen any of Andrea or Cirie.

1 Like

I didn’t understand the immunity puzzle. It didn’t look like it required any brain cells at all to solve.

After that chaotic tribal council it was surprising to me that Tai was confident enough not to play an idol. Sandra will be sadly missed.

[quote=“triton, post:304, topic:823, full:true”]Sandra will be sadly missed.
[/quote]

prays for outcast twist 2.0

1 Like