Survivor (US)

Its not like her voting out her mum was that big a deal at the time. Her mum was going home no matter what they had the majority with or without Ciera.

Her bigger moves was when she forced people to draw rocks.

1 Like

Agree with above comment that one person can’t vote off a contestant, so it was a case of voting with the alliance that voted her ‘Mom’ off.

1 Like

Does anyone know when the New Zealand version of the show will be launched? They started filming back in August last year I believe so it couldn’t be too far off?

[quote=“Chris, post:265, topic:823”]
If she stayed under the radar more and let the group make more of a mutual consensus then Tony probably would have gone the first vote.[/quote]

I agree she made a mistake speaking up, but only because she drew attention to herself, not because she said anything that deserved the boot. She thought she was talking to allies, or was trying to make allies, and they turned on her. Everyone talks to others about whom to kick out and why. That’s all she did.

1 Like

I really like Ciera. But I feel she was at a disadvantage because she played to frequently in the last few years. They contestants have her worked out. I was listening to an interview and she too admitted that she probably came in too cocky. She also said she had played too frequently and that she would return but it would have to be sometime down the track.

Totally agree. Her mum was going anyway so she had to vote with the others to prove she was a part of that alliance. That’s why I’m always baffled at how constantly it’s brought up time and time again. Plus yes the rocks thing was her big move as that was a gutsy risk to take. I always liked her after that although since that season she has been a lot of talk about “making a move” without really being able to execute one herself. Definitely one of her big downfalls coming into this season was that it was her third appearance in just over 3 years so it made her a target early.

No idea but I would assume that it’s going to be more based on the Australian format so expect a large cast and a lot of extra episodes.

1 Like

I noticed 9 advertising this quite heavily last night on the main channel during Travel Guides. There was a commercial for it during the commercial break and a pop up at the bottom of the screen during the episode. They probably should have done more of this prior to the first episode.

US promo for next ep

1 Like

Haha I love Jeff Probst’s passion and his reaction to big moments at Tribal Councils. Must be a great episode.

At first I thought two tribes going to Tribal Council would mean one from each tribe voted off (kind of like the two boot episodes they sometimes do later in the season) but some are speculating that it could be both tribes go and vote off 1 person combined. That sort of thing could result in a fiery Tribal Council with people pitching ideas and could explain Jeff’s reactions.

If that happens this season is starting to have too many gimmicks for my liking. When you have a strong cast like this you don’t need too many twists and turns. Keep it simple like Heroes vs Villains. Even splitting to 3 tribes automatically exposes certain individuals and makes stronger more memorable players stand out more which I don’t like. I’m thinking the days of the likes of Sandra/Ozzy/Malcolm are numbered.

1 Like

That reaction from Jeff is the sort of thing that I regard as a semi-spoiler, even though we don’t know what it was about. Unfortunately I have to fast forward through the “next week” stuff to get to the parting comment and votes. That bit was right at the end of the preview so I couldn’t help seeing it.

Last year, for the first time I could remember, you could have subtitles (they are useful when there’s whispering or mumbling). But this year they are back to no subtitles. Now I’m wondering if they have them when it’s on Nine but not when it’s on Go!, though I don’t know why that would be. I’d be surprised if CBS broadcasts it without subtitles, so Nine should be able to whatever channel it’s on.

The question is what comes after “both tribes go to tribal council”. It almost seems like that is the end of the statement with no “a third person will be going home”.

What third person?

He usually says something about how many people have been voted out - is it third or fourth this week?

Fourth.

Oh I thought you meant a third person going that episode haha.

Yeah there have already been 3 voted out.

I don’t even know what to say after that episode. Wow. Just wow. It was kind of like a merge episode come early.

Whilst I loved the craziness, drama and chaos at Tribal Council I still think this season doesn’t need twists like this. It’s a shame good players like Malcolm fell victim to a twist. I was pretty scared Sandra was a goner actually.

Well sly JT let loose about the Sierra vote. Sneaky! My favourite line of the episode though was Hali’s “I don’t consent!”.

Also what’s with the preview for next week? Looks like Debbie goes mental!

Yeah I wasn’t that happy about the boot but I was screaming In excitement at the TV during those back and forth’s at tribal.

I really feel for Varner, because if took his time, Malcolm would still be there.

JT has the biggest target on his back - so I’m hoping they pull it together and pull through for the next few challenges and win immunity.

I’ll be devastated when/if Sandra, Michaela or Cirie go home, but three more days with them so I am beyond happy.

FFGCHIIHSSSDT played real well, orchestrating to vote out Malcolm, she’s really proving herself to be of value in this season (just a bit though).

Sandra and some of those people need a break from TCs now having been to 3/4. To think a 2x winner has survived 3 tribal so far. She deserves a break haha. I would like the green tribe to go next as barely seen any of those players this season.

Who?

I am assuming he meant Sierra as she was the one that orchestrated the vote against Malcolm.

Fan Favourite Game Changer Hidden Immunity Idol Holder Sole Survivor Sierra Dawn-Thomas

not to be confused with

Fan Favourite Game Changer Survivor Queen Dual Sole Survivor Sandra Diaz-Twine

Yeah most of that tribe hasn’t been to TC