Survivor (US)

So according to an email I’ve just checked - we can watch survivor live directly from the US at 3pm* on 9Now.

*not too sure whether that’s AEDT or my local time.

Must be working on Pacific time to claim it as live.

1 Like

It’s available now.

1 Like

Just watched it.

HOLY SHIT

rip spy bunker

Oh man, that second half of the ep was amazing. Thought Sandra was going home for sure. No doubt. Obviously the editors didn’t show us everything that occurred, but Sandra just proved why she is my favourite player of all. Her remarks to Tony at the end, LOL, especially asking him to say hello to Ciera!

And Ciera is my least favourite player ever, so loved this start to the season. So happy lazy arse Cirie will be next too.

1 Like

I too loved this premiere. Especially Sandra. Too bad Survivor got its lowest ratings ever last night.

1 Like

Pretty epic premiere that worked perfectly as a double building up that rivalry between Tony and Sandra. This reminded me with her “Russell has got to go” days but this time she was actually able to execute what she wanted.

They edited this really well. Going into Tribal Council I was certain that Sandra was a goner but didn’t get a single vote. Loved the old Sandra coming out too “The queen is queen. Bye Tony… go say hi to Ciera for me”. It was a shame Tony left early but ultimately found myself cheering for Sandra. She is playing hard early though so needs to be careful.

Cirie seems to be the old mopy on the bottom girl like she was the first time she played. Hoping she’s good enough to turn that around. I couldn’t stop laughing everytime Debbie was calling her “Cherie”.

Really excited for this season now although a little concerned the strong players will drop early especially when it goes to 3 tribes next week they are more exposed. I wish they kept it like HvV and two tribes as you don’t need too many twists and turns when you have such a strong cast.

1 Like

Also a bad result in Australia, ranking just 35th in the multichannel program list. The first ep usually seems to rate lower that subsequent one possibly because it runs for 2 hours an perhaps fans haven’t realised it is on, but last night’s number is way down on anything I can recall seeing before.

BUT SHE VOTED OUT HER MUM!!!
/s

She came 5th in her first season, 10th in her second season and 20th this season. If she plays next time she’ll be a pre series boot.

1 Like

I’m surprised by this but probably a combination of factors. The season premiered a few weeks later than usual (March as opposed to Feb) and being 2 hours means it finished later than most premieres so possibly need to factor in. I’m also noticing a trend in the US lately where shows overnight ratings seems to be lower but then jump up quite considerably when they add in DVR numbers (e.g. according to wiki This Is Us adds ~5million viewers an episode just from DVR). Survivor always rates well after a good episode too and there is a lot of buzz amongst fans after last nights episode so hopefully it can improve next week.

Just watched the premiere, great episode especially that second half. Sandra is playing strong from the get-go, has everyone on a strong. I’m hoping Michaela can make the merge and put up a fight this season. She is a great character. That Tony vs Sandra was a very nice start to the season.

It’s a shame that Thursday Night Football clashes with Survivor, looks like I’ll be watching on 9Now all season. Hopefully Nine upload episodes on the Thursday afternoon like they did with Millennials vs Gen X last year.

1 Like

I think they will. They put the premiere on 9now at 3 PM.

1 Like

Really loving this season so far. A few meh casting choices but a really great cast on the whole. The only thing I didn’t like was shoving two episodes into one and calling it a special 500th episode. Also would it have killed them to play the intro once? Why bother to go to the effort to create it only for it to be posted online.

I just hope my favourite Survivor hag ever goes far. I know the boot list is out and there’s spoilers galore but I need Debbie to make the merge at least. I need my Civil Air Patrol Captain to make it far and if she gets to boot Aubry & ‘Sheree’ all the better.

Quite happy with the boots so far. I liked Tony enough but this messiah like worship is way too much his annoying online fans heaped on him. Like he said himself he’s a one season wonder.

Beyond ecstatic that Ciera was the first boot. I never hated her until the merge in Cambodia where she became too whiny and her childish eye rolling was just overkill.

Terrible start. My first two favourites were Ciera and Michaela, and I knew one of them would go before they even got to tribal council. She broke the first rule of Survivor: At the beginning, keep your head down. But they were sure quick to jump on her for stating the obvious, like they were just looking for an excuse. Then it was redeemed in the 2nd half with Tony getting booted and being owned by Sandra. I was sure Sandra was out.

I was horrified to see Malcolm there again. Is that about four times now? I’d had enough of him after the first time, because he just keeps coming back. He was one of the first to invent a reason to vote out Ciera. Get him out, please.

Mana members keep banging on about keeping physical players, but they aren’t getting anywhere in the physical parts of challenges with a full complement. They’ve lost twice, and only got close at the easy part last time, so that’s not working.

Because she voted out her mum?

She did what she had to do. I don’t see why they should hold that against her. They’d all vote anyone out if it helps them.

Adam from Survivor Millennials v Gen X will be in Adelaide on Thursday for any Survivor fans in Adelaide.

Malcolm has only played twice prior to this and its been 4 years since his last appearance (in season 26). He has played as many times as Ciera who you love but seem to have no issue with her third appearance. In fact Ciera has appeared 3 times in only the past 3.5 years… so doesn’t that make her more of an overused cast mate who has been shoved in our face more in a shorter period of time?

I get you don’t like Malcolm but to single him out for reappearing makes no sense when this is an All Stars season and almost half the cast are third or fourth time players…

I wasn’t complaining in general about contestants appearing four (or three) times, only about Malcolm coming back again because I don’t like him. I don’t mind that Ciera returned, and after what happened to her this time - being shot down over nothing straight away - I hope she’s back for a fourth appearance in future.

Well Malcolm has proven to be a far stronger player than Ciera has ever been. So sick of constantly being reminded every season time and time again that she “voted out her mum!”. Woopdidoo. I like Ciera too but I think it’s ignorance to say that she was shot down over nothing. She tried to take the lead on a vote and enforce what she thought should happen on anyone else. That made her a risky player to keep around. If she stayed under the radar more and let the group make more of a mutual consensus then Tony probably would have gone the first vote.

2 Likes