Survivor (US)

If it is on 9 it still better be fast tracked on Thursdays. They’ve been doing it for so long that we’ve come to expect it. Maybe there is a spot for it in the schedule 8.30pm Thursdays when the footy show finishes up a week after it begins.

Also it’s a bit ironic if they do bring it back to the main channel when the Aussie version comes on. Maybe they are using that as leverage for free promotion i.e. if there is some interest in the Aussie version some of those viewers who havn’t watched the US for a while might test it out again? Or they want to make a point and show how good the US version is in comparison and try and take some viewers away from Aussie one. Who knows.

I think Nine is desperate for programming. What have they actually got coming up for their 8:30 slots? House Husbands is the only program I can think of. Survivor could fill one of those slots - although will be lucky to get 400k.

1 Like

Yep true. Thursday night’s they actually probably have nothing once the Footy Show finishes up in AFL states. I will be annoyed if moving to main channel moves it to a later timeslot though.

Same here. I don’t mind an 8:30 slot. But I do prefer a 7:30 slot.

1 Like

Hyde and Seek?

In 2012 Survivor One World started with 350k and was down below 200k by the end of the season.

Ratings Tuesday 22/05/2012
NINE NEW S 1,372,000
THE BIG BANG THEORY 1,274,000
SEVEN NEW S 1,265,000
THE BLOCK -TUE 1,264,000
PACKED TO THE RAFTERS 1,241,000

SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD -EP1 351,000

Survivor Philippines (December) started with 250k and was down to 38,000.

After that I think it was on GO! with Caramoan.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Australian Survivor

I think this belongs in the Australian Survivor thread @TV.Cynic. So easy to get confused by it all.

Thanks

Promos tonight reveal the show moving to Nine. I’m not complaining as it’ll be in HD!

1 Like

Interesting that its on the main channel! Nine trying to do some damage to the aussie version haha. Is The Block on Thursday nights? If so better not be later than 8.30 Thursdays.

1 week until the new season starts in the US! Do we have an air date here? I’m praying that it’s fasttracked as this season looks like it will be pretty epic. The cast looks refreshing and very old school.

One major thing that happened (which I assume we will see in the first episode) is that a cyclone hit the beach during filming. They had to remove the contestants from the beaches on Day 2 and halt filming for a number of days. Tribal Council and some challenges got damaged as well and had to be repaired.

In this video here Jeff describes 4 reasons to watch the new season. Reminds me how passioante Jeff is about the show which I love.

The things he mentions are:

1. The tribe split and how differently the Millenials and Generation Xs approach the game is fascinating to watch.
  2. There is some twist around Idols which makes them extremely hard to find this season. As a result we will see contestants “desperately” searching for them. I’ve read elsewhere that it’s got something to do with them being camoflauged and could be right in front of their eyes the whole time.
  3. There’s a contestant named Zeke who is apparently pretty iconic.
  4. We will see strategy go to a new level this season that we havn’t seen before.

Strangely not listed in Nine’s schedule for next Thursday on any channel that I can find. There is plenty of filler on 9GO on Thursday that could be switched out though.

I’m worried that they are holding out till after the Footy Shows finish up in a couple weeks to take Thursday timeslots on 9. Then with possible double eps for the first couple of weeks to catch up. I hope not. Just keep it on Go if that’s the plan. Only going to annoy viewers who have got used to getting it the same day.

Will piss me off if it’s not shown the next night after the US. I knew it as soon as I heard it was back on the main channel.

Nine back to their old tricks.

Maybe the plan could be to air the first episode after the Footy Show Grand Final (strong lead in) and then do a double the following week (which can start earlier either 8.30 or 9.30 as Thursday night schedule will be free) to get it back on track? I can only hope.

Or will Nine show a single episode each week, skipping the recap which is scheduled on CBS during Thanksgiving week? After that we will be up to date with the US.

Is there a recap scheduled? I highly doubt it with a 20 person cast. They havn’t had a recap episode in years.

Possibly. But is The Footy Show dragging out to 10:30/11:00 going to be a strong lead in? How many people just turn off the tv after the Grand Final Review? I just think it is a stupid programming move. If they are going to treat it like that just place it on a multi channel and be done with it. Its not like it is going to do that well on the main channel anyway. 400k max.

1 Like

David Knox at TV Tonight has revealed that Survivor will premiere at 10 Pm after the Footy Show 1 week after the US.