Super Radio Network

Bill avoids paying royalties (and some former staff would say anyone) at all costs!

2 Likes

Exactly, hence why there’s barely any music on the AM network.

2 Likes

Dear Whoever Picks The Music On BOG FM Stations,

If you want to learn how to do a killer balanced 80s to now music format, listen right now to 2DayFM.

It’s not quite JackFM. It’s real variety with a meaning & purpose.

5 Likes

I agree. Wish they’d roll out 2day to Brisbane

2 Likes

Put it on DAB+

2 Likes

The Radio Green Room on Facebook reporting that Tim Shaw is leaving 2CC Drive to be replaced by Leon Delaney (Laws’ replacement).

My guess is we’ll now get even more average BOG announcers filling in when Laws is away.

Leon was their “most with it” for that time slot.

Any idea who (if any) will fill in moving forward? For Laws’ slot Bill should actually invest in a semi decent fill in.

Knowing Caralis, it’ll probably just be Dave Sutherland pulling a 7hr shift, or Pete Davis.

3 Likes

Or perhaps Scott Mayman for six hours following his Radio 97 bfast shift. Former metro news director with overseas exp in radio and TV, he’s good at what he does.

I feel sorry for Leon, he’s been underused, Bill to his credit has kept him on at Tweed Heads South as journo, voicetalent and other duties.

I forgot about Scott. He would be good.

As for Leon, I was surprised he stuck around this long following Laws’ arrival. Leon was the regular 9-12 announcer before Laws moved to SM.

2 Likes

Can you imagine Graeme Gilbert with a special morning edition of The Help Line? (And I say this as the one person on here who actually enjoys listening to Graeme, but definitely not in the morning)

It’d be great if Dean Mackin filled in for Laws. He’s definitely capable and doesn’t shy away from covering the newsy topics of the day, but I think he has his own business to run which would make it hard to be on-call at five minutes notice every day.

1 Like

Is that the one where every man and their dog needs help with their India?

And he’s a top bloke too.

2 Likes

Speaking of Dean Mackin, he’s been sacked from the network

2 Likes

Wow. Sorry to hear that.

I would have thought that gets you a promotion in the talk radio space

3 Likes

Not a 2SM listener but I’m fairly sure the likes of John Laws and Grant Goldman are far from the bastions of progressive politics

2 Likes

Yeah, it wouldn’t overly surprise me if we see/hear Dean Mackin pop up on a post-6pm Sky News opinion program or 2GB in the not too distant future!

I’ve heard that 100.9 Triple Z in Lismore has been off the air for the past 2 days… Interesting!

1 Like

Interesting

2 Likes

Anyone told Bill/Nova/ARN and any other national commitments?

Why are some of the BOG AM stations doing a Rate The Music survey? I’ve noticed 2HD and 2DU have it.

They don’t play that much music… yet.

2 Likes