Super Radio Network

Speaking of Dean Mackin, he’s been sacked from the network

2 Likes

Wow. Sorry to hear that.

I would have thought that gets you a promotion in the talk radio space

3 Likes

Not a 2SM listener but I’m fairly sure the likes of John Laws and Grant Goldman are far from the bastions of progressive politics

2 Likes

Yeah, it wouldn’t overly surprise me if we see/hear Dean Mackin pop up on a post-6pm Sky News opinion program or 2GB in the not too distant future!

I’ve heard that 100.9 Triple Z in Lismore has been off the air for the past 2 days… Interesting!

1 Like

Interesting

2 Likes

Anyone told Bill/Nova/ARN and any other national commitments?

Why are some of the BOG AM stations doing a Rate The Music survey? I’ve noticed 2HD and 2DU have it.

They don’t play that much music… yet.

2 Likes

Interesting … is there a format change in the wings for the “Super” Radio Network, and possibly 2SM as well… more music and less talk?

3 Likes

More royalties and less money for Bill & Pam? I’d think it’s unlikely.

Perhaps they got a cheap deal on the research? Why else would Bill pay? We know how he does business.

2 Likes

A more music oriented format would be more likely to bring in extra revenue that would more than offset extra royalties,

2 Likes

Presumably they would have the numbers from 2BS, and be able to clearly compare how well their talk does compared to music oriented shifts?

That said, while I know 2BS lost some music programming I’m not sure of the scope off the top of my head, so it might not be applicable.

2 Likes

Or maybe replace Dean Mackin’s old shift with music?

How about replace the majority of their shows with music - minus Laws & Crocmedia broadcasts.

Make the SM stand for Sport and Music.

3 Likes

Thanks @TV-Expert for this link as posted in the AM to FM Conversion thread.

https://www.acma.gov.au/-/media/Broadcast-Carriage-Policy/Issue-for-comment/IFC-13-2019/Super-Radio-Network---IFC-13-2019-pdf.PDF

Again, a number of errors with the station listing in the footer of the first page.

Toowoomba - they’ve still listed the old 1359 AM and not the new 95.5 FM for 4WK. This change occurred over a year ago now I think.

Wellington - they have listed 96.1 FM. Looks like this should be 89.5 FM.

Coonabarabran - 2MO and GGG relays not listed. Have been on air for 4-5 years now.

Gloucester - MAX FM 103.3 isn’t listed. That’s been on air for a long while.

Bathurst not listed at all. Think of all the space they’d need for all those 2BS relays!

If they’re going to be consistent with labelling (ie. station name for main towns, frequencies for relay towns), GEM FM should be listed under Inverell, not Glen Innes. Gloucester sees 2RE mentioned, but not for Forster (frequency only).

It actually occurred in August 2017, which is over 2 years ago now.

1 Like

That would require Bill to approve money to be spent for new artwork for the letterhead.

3 Likes

Please - a multi millionaire like Caralis can’t even afford a custom URL email account.

@bigpond.net.au for the main point of contact of a major regional radio player?

Go easy on the community radio comments. Some of them are run quite professionally.

5 Likes

The big issue when I was there was losing emails people send to the @bigpond email, it was as though they didn’t know of re-directs.

1 Like

I would suggest the network use the Radio 531AM web address for their corporate website.

Their address is www.superradio.net.au which makes perfect sense being Super Radio Network.

On a sidenote - the Radio 531AM website has been given a facelift and is probably the most up-to-date BOG AM website outside of Newcastle (even more updated than Sydney).

3 Likes