Super Radio Network

FW will be ditched for The Novo’s.

Steve Price for Gilbert.

Chris Smith for Bultitude.

The Camplin’s were all about best price not best lasting legacy.

2 Likes

Indeed they were, as are most sales.

If it’s handled poorly, Ron will end up with a very poor reputation in Bathurst, regardless of whether he’s alive or dead.

2 Likes

The answer is obvious. Bill will do it his way.

As if this sale will mean anything different for Caralis?

As if he’d respect any legacies or rules for staff.

1 Like

I’ve been told that staff are reeling from the sale and several are already trying to “move on” to other places.

2 Likes

Hopefully 2LT and MoveFM will lift their game given the sale.

Ie- hire hire hire!

A few complaints on Facebook about the full 2BS lineup that was posted this week, as it slowly morphs into a 2SM relay.

3 Likes

That’s not too bad. Wait till Gilbert and Bultitide and Poppy join the lineup.

Oh and Talk Overnight.

3 Likes

Still taking quite a bit of macquarie, surely locals would rather music than Sydney talkback??

Just get all the CSU on-campus residents to pester Graham during his quiz…that’s something I would’ve done. :rofl:

4 Likes

Indeed, it’s half decent. Strange about their Friday night programming choices, but few are listening then.

More music if anything.

1 Like

So how much longer is Bill paying for what he must believe is an over-staffed Bathurst Broadcasters HQ?

When will the satellites be brought to Mt. Panorama?

Surely I am not the only one who believes it’ll be inevitable and that it won’t be a happy future for Bathurst radio.

4 Likes

I give it 6 months.

1 Like

According to their Facebook page Sconnor is no longer on the B-Rock breakfast show. Is this the start of Bill flexing his muscles?

It also says he’s on Mon-Thurs only…

1 Like

It is a regional market, so I guess people will move on esp in younger formats.

Would need to know reasons why for departure.

Looking at 2BS’s program guide on their website, they’re still taking 2GB’s afternoon program, now presented by Steve Price, as well as Money News & John Stanley’s evening show.

Also, 2BS now airs “The Essential Playlist” on Friday & Saturday evenings, as well as Sunday afternoons, as well as “1’s at One” on 1-2pm Saturdays.

3 Likes

So no more Continuous Call Team? I suppose they don’t want Hadley.

1 Like

Yep - they’re taking the NRL Nation call exclusively. Still a decent amount of content from SCA in here too:

1 Like

“Local voices” not so much

2 Likes

When and if 2BS take Graeme Gilbert overnight, Charles Sturt students have a wonderful opportunity to brush up on their India knowledge.

It would also be a good case study for CSU’s radio students. How not to do radio 101.

11 Likes

Knowing what the Super Radio Network is like when it comes to logos for their talk stations, I’m surprised that 2BS hasn’t been told to revert back to (a modified version) of their old logo!

2 Likes