Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Beretts should do more co-hosting, he is under utilised since Pell. James Tobin is off this morning as well - there is no weather presenter.

2 Likes

Jeez Weekend Sunrise looks good in HD.

Sunrise won Friday by 85,000 ::sunrise:

3 Likes

Excluding the Olympics when was the last time the margin was that big?

There was one day where Today in Perth was affected by cricket that was higher but otherwise I would say biggest margin this year.

9 regional Qld advertising Today as “Brisbane’s No 1”. (Weird btw when you’re not in Brissie). I thought Sunrise had a narrow win in Brisbane by rating’s end?

Seven’s media release for Brisbane

“SUNRISE …, is the #1 Breakfast Program winning its timeslot for 2016.”

Perhaps Nine are excluding Easter?

1 Like

Sunrise had a pretty shitty start to the year after the relaunch, and tbh Sunrise stuffed up their relaunch big time (at least in the eyes of Mediaspy members). Thankfully changes were made to the relaunch, but Sunrise still has a lot more to do to win me back as a regular viewer (not a fan of Breakfast TV anyway, and Today and News Breakfast is not any better).

One of the first things I would change is presenters. I originally had doubts about this at first, but now that the year has come to an end, I am happy to agree with @SydneyCityTV that Nat Barr and Mark Beretta should be co-hosts of the program, as they’re both like stalwarts to the show. Kylie Gillies can present news (Larry and Monique Wright can do TMS) and Ryan Phelan should do sports. Axe Sam Mac immediately and put JT on weather. Weekends I would have Sam Armytage and Chris Reason (he did pretty well later this year) as co hosts, Angela Cox for news and Simon Reeve can stay on sports. Weekend weather can be presented by Eddy Bartholomew.

Format wise, their current new format is getting better with Sunrise winning consistently nowadays. However, their graphics should change a bit and look good like Today’s graphics. But if things were to go that way, then more people will wake up with Sunrise next year.

2 Likes

They’re doing quite well now so just change all the presenters??? :rolling_eyes:

2 Likes

Just because Sunrise are rating well at the moment doesn’t mean that changes (whether that be to the content, appearance, presenters or other elements) shouldn’t be made to evolve the program!

As I’ve said before, Natalie Barr & Mark Beretta should be the main co-presenters of Sunrise IMO. Both have been part of the Sunrise family for well over a decade and are probably more popular than the current co-presenters (or Karl & Lisa on Today) so one would like to think that they’ve both well and truly earned such a position by now.

Kochie has had his day (he really should’ve stepped aside when Mel did!) and as for Samantha Armytage…she really should’ve just stuck to newsreading!

1 Like

Pretty sure The Chase just records a couple od days a week. IIRC AOK has said they film 3-4 episodes each session.

I agree about Sam, but I strongly feel Eddy deserves a bigger role. She is a real talent. And their set is fine! Its better than some other sets…

2 Likes

Beretts did a great job co-hosting with Monique yesterday.lt was a great team that got into the festive spirit.

5 Likes

That’s because SCA airs them simultaneously from the dirty 9 Brisbane feed.

9 Brisbane airs them for the intent of the use in their market, but SCA rebroadcasts them.

Beretts co-hosting with Eddy , Angela Cox reading news and Simon Reeve on sport on today’s public holiday extended edition.

Sam Mac is on holiday this week Eddy & Beretts reading weather report.

Beretts also hosting Sydney Hobart Yacht race this afternoon.

3 Likes

Former Ten Melbourne reporter David Woiwod moved to the UK about 2 years ago to work as a freelance journalist ,this week he is reporting from Melbourne as a Sunrise reporter.

Andrew O’Keefe co-hosting with Eddy from Tuesday - Friday this week.

1 Like

Yes, but hopefully they would learn from the debacle of earlier this year and not change too much too quickly. So many changes at once ended up being a big turn-off and it was difficult to determine what viewers liked or hated with the facelift.

The changes have to happen over time and they can determine what works and what doesn’t. Also, have a look at the new Weekend Today line-up where they’ve done something similar recently and look at how that is really struggling at the moment.

2 Likes

It has been good to have Nelson Aspen back on entertainment these last two days.

2 Likes

Secondary live transition used as of yesterday:

5 Likes

Loooks much better!

2 Likes