Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Angela Cox is reading news on Sunrise for another 2 weeks.:smiley:

2 Likes

Just for interest, how often do they cross to Aspen these days?

Rarely. You could probably count the number of appearances this year on your fingers (okay maybe about 20) which is a shame really.

2 Likes

Sunrise won the last two weeks of the ratings year. Across the two week period Sunrise won every day except Thursday of this week when Today won by 4,000.

4 Likes

For the first year in many years, I didn’t watch as much breakfast TV (Sunrise) as I once did, certainly the consistancy. Occasionally I would DVR segments of both Sunrise & The Today Show.

But I did watch a lot of Weekend Sunrise this year, particularly on Sundays where I am up early.

I love the vibe, AOK has been hosting for 11 years now hasn’t he. I also like Monique (she’s been on/off at Ch 7 for a long time) & Simon Reeve. JT is also a highlight.

I couldn’t even tell you who presents Weekend ToDay, seems to be randoms more often than not, a poor show imo.

how would you know if you never watch it

5 Likes

Michael Usher co-hosting with Eddy,Angela Cox reading news and Ryan Phelan reading sport this week.
Eddy and Michael also reading weather report.

5 Likes

Sunrise have the much better team than Today. Michael Usher has just been a delight since joining Seven and is an enjoyment to watch.

2 Likes

When taking to Peter Ford the graghic had him as Sunrise Show Biz Editor?

Oh I hope not :frowning:

Never fear, Nelson is here! Nelson Aspen is back on Entertainment today.

3 Likes

All Week

https://twitter.com/NelsonAspen/status/815859347658014720

5 Likes

I wished he was the permanently to replace Eddy. Does Nelson have any other role in the US?

As you would recall, Aspen was the Entertainment reporter/editor for 13 years + on Sunrise before Eddy replaced him earlier this year. As far as I know, he does do other morning shows’ entertainment in the US and I believe he is currently on tour ATM.

2 Likes

I agree but disagree. I wish Nelson was on every day too, but in partnership with Eddy, with her crossing to him. Eddy is a terrific talent and deserves to be recognised IMO. So happy to see her co-hosting this week!

7 Likes

So in other words similar to Richard Wilkins and Richard Reid on Today?

Yeah, Except they’re less annoying than the Richards!

3 Likes

Really loving the use of wide shots of the set and presenters when they throw to ad break the last week or two. Comes off really classy. Good to see the set lit up in multitude of colours as a palette as well.

5 Likes

Eddy has done really well hosting past few weeks,she is on holiday next week.
Nelson will probably be working on the show again next week.

2 Likes

I watched sunrise for the first time in ages today and it’s so much better with the current presenters! Would be staying tuned if it stayed this way alas it won’t!