Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

This strikes me as the Ron Burgundy defence

1 Like

Thursday 8 August -

Nat co-hosting with Kochie.
Angie Asimus is reading news with Nelson Aspen presenting Entertainment this morning.

Friday 9 August -

Nat co-hosting with Kochie and Eddy is back and she is reading News and Entertainment this morning.

5 Likes

Must’ve been a busy week for Cameron Price appearing on the show for three days straight.

The past two days he has been covering the ferocious weather hitting southern Australia (in tandem with David Woiwod).

Samantha Brett covered the anti-abortion rally this morning, also in Sydney.

Bianca Stone is coveting the opening day of Ekka in Brisbane while Nathan Templeton covered the story of the Gold Coast Suns player facing a four-year suspension for testing positive to a banned drug.

2 Likes

Is this detailed description really necessary?

4 Likes

It’s no different to “so and so is presenting today” that floods many topics of the forum.

5 Likes

Great, I can hardly wait for daily Today and Sunrise recaps.

Given MKR and the like have them, I guess this was inevitable.

If there was a special edition of the show, go for it. This just serves no purpose.

Totally agree.

I was piss taking.

I find the “… is presenting today” to be unnecessary too.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s gone from stating the unusual to a description of the minutiae

6 Likes

David Koch had a drink of water on-camera at 7:15. /s

On the other hand, it’s a good tracking method of who’s the talent going up and down at these stations.

3 Likes

But surely not on a daily basis. It’s mainly good, but let’s remember how that spammed the singular ‘ABC News Thread’ so much, Bort has to create the P&R/C&A threads. P&R threads are fantastic, but singular threads can indeed become spammy, who wants sunrise and today threads split because of this.

6 Likes

Monday 12 August -

Nat hosting with Kochie and Eddy presenting News and Entertainment.

3 Likes

Six years today since Sam took over Mel and I still don’t think she was the right choice.

3 Likes

Kochie said during the interview with Hans this morning that Samantha Armytage has been off sick for the past few days.

1 Like

Still dwelling on the past. Get over it. :laughing:

2 Likes

Weekend Sunrise 90k ahead of Today yesterday in the 7-9am slot.

5 Likes

It’s the highest Sunday rating since 20 May last year when there was royal wedding coverage.

5 Likes

Tuesday 13 August -

Sam is back hosting with Kochie.

4 Likes

Sunrise won all markets on Monday - ahead nationally by almost 80,000. Today was beaten by News Breakfast in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

7 Likes

Ratings article today. Sunrise won all markets. Today’s Sydney number seemed to be the area that was down the most while Melbourne was OK.

2 Likes

Thursday 15 August & Friday 16 August -

Nat hosting with Sam and Eddy presenting News & Entertainment this morning.

5 Likes