Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Nah it’s legit, there is literally like 50 major/minor reasons that Newstart could be suspended for. It could be from not returning a small form to earning too much or forgetting to report.

4 Likes

The post which I quoted said the show is terrible which is what I think is a big call. The story Sunrise ran yes is terrible itself.

1 Like

Thursday 1 August -

Nathan Templeton is presenting sport.

4 Likes

The latest ‘Ask us Anything’ segment:

2 Likes

“We are sorry about that.”

3 Likes

That was big of Natalie to issue an apology, while almost choking on her words, at peak Sunrise viewing time of 5.43am.

Punching down from their ivory tower seems to be a consistent theme of late. Martha will be pleased the show has moved onto another target.

Do these people not realise their core audience isn’t from the eastern suburbs or leafy north shore dining out on fillet of grass fed beef every night washed down with a couple of bottles of expensive wine?

10 Likes

Nothing a few extra giveaways from the CashCow won’t fix…

1 Like

Surely the core audience of Sunrise (and Today for that matter) predominately lives in outer suburban and regional areas?

2 Likes

Friday 2 August -

Nat and Kochie hosting with Angie Asimus reading news and Nathan Templeton presenting sport.

Nelson Aspen is presenting Entertainment this morning.

4 Likes

Put Brettes in Kochie’s seat and that’s your future team.
Is it just me, or does it seem like they are phrasing out Reach Out For The Sunrise, because it seems like everytime I tune into the 7am opener, random tracks play for no apparent reason. I really hope not, that song is the song of Sunrise, and already been dropped and brought back twice.

2 Likes

Once, on April Fools Day in 2008, Kochie/Beretts and Nat/Mel swapped positions, which I think was a brilliant idea.

Unrelated, but I was still in high school that year and by chance I just happened to have the day off because I had no half-yearly exams that day.

In reality I still think Basil Zempilas will eventually succeed Kochie on weekdays. If not him, then maybe Michael Usher.

3 Likes

Didn’t know that! Interesting idea.

That’s the other thought I had. I think Baz and Nat would be great together!

2 Likes

I agree, though Basil and Sam did present together for one week in November 2017 (Melbourne Cup week).

1 Like

If Basil were to present Sunrise, he would have to move from Perth permanently

1 Like

I can’t see baz leaving perth

6 Likes

Now that raises another question in itself. How long will Pell be there? By my calculations, his almost been there longer than Boland (late February 2002-late November 2010). I honestly thought he was going to leave at the end of 2017 and go to The Project or overseas, or he would go when the ratings slid in 2016.

1 Like

Surely Seven would do everything reasonably possible to keep Michael Pell and Sarah Stinson (who I’d imagine would be the person most likely to take over from Pell, whenever he does decide to leave) on the network payroll?

3 Likes

He has commitments in Perth including publishing in The West Australian, his breakfast show on 6PR and reading the sports segment on Seven Perth Mon-Thu. Basil has been the host of Telethon since 2010

2 Likes

Does he just really not like spending time with his family?!

Poor Simon sounds so sick this morning.

3 Likes