Sunrise

I thought that maybe was a bit of a joke, as at 8am she said to Kochie ‘did you hear that?’ ensue laughter

Prob won’t matter given they are known as ‘Kochie & Sam’ mostly.

3 Likes

Channel 7 have done it again!

1 Like

Surely this is the last year of their current set. I was watching this morning and everything appeared chipped and/or scratched. The lounge is looking dirty also.

I know the average viewer probably wouldn’t have a clue, but it’s good to keep the product fresh.

11 Likes

Yeah it’s all looking pretty shabby now.

Funny how the last set lasted as long as it did and it was looked after!

8 Likes

And this was only cleaned or the covers replaced last year.

This Sunrise sets have always been chipped over the years!

Are we expecting any minor or major tweaks to graphics or set on Feb 1 or Feb 8?
Thought if there were going to be any it might be today, but I think Sunrise may have learned from last time not to do it all at once.

1 Like

Mainly because they’re moved around more so than other sets. I have to agree, it’s now time for an upgrade. But I’m not sure seven are willing to spend the money just yet on new sets.

They need to invest in a set that doesn’t require but being moved around. Something that is semi permanent that can be used for News, Sunrise and TMS.

Something in the style of a “central” set like CBS this morning where the desk is the central point but also can be moved around and there are multiple areas to present from for different shows.

I agree but I feel this one it’s worse, the desk still looks shockingly cheap and awkward. Looks like a wedge from Nandos.
I don’t mind the open frames around the windows it’s just everything else that looks bad, dated and poorly used/implemented.

The last set with minor tweaks is more modern today than the current one.

6 Likes

Whilst it might be time for Sunrise to update the set, would they really be stupid enough to do it now?

Today were edging closer and closer to them towards the end of last year and they seem to have just turned the corner from that, so why would they risk their number 1 position now?

Probably not but they need to at least overhaul the graphics. They bring down the overall vibe more so I reckon.

Sunrise live into Qld tomorrow, after Early News at 4am. This is due to Cyclone Kimi.

4 Likes

Boland used to change the set and graphics and tweak the format every two years. Keeps things fresh.

1 Like

It always needs to be a tweak rather than an overhaul.

2 Likes

Agreed. They could at least change the main desk, (that platform at the front with the logo on it is so pointless) and utilise the advanced colouring system for the light boxes.

1 Like

Why is it pointless? I think it’s quite effective.

I think for what it is for a small spaces studio it’s a waste, the desk overall has always look unfinished to me.

1 Like

…which is what they should’ve done today as well, given the show is airing until 10am in southern states, 9am in Qld.

No clock cover up in Qld atm. It’s showing AEDT.
Update: changed at 4.33am.

Happy Birthday to Sam Mac who turns 40 today.

7 Likes