Sunrise

Exactly what I think could be going on, otherwise Matt presumably would’ve worked through the whole weekend if he didn’t intend on doing this week. However, I wouldn’t mind seeing Chris on all week just to change things up.

I didn’t catch the 5:30am opener so I’ll have to check back on 7plus later today to see whether Nat says something along the lines of “Chris will be with us all week.”

1 Like

Nothing was said. It’s actually something I wish they’d acknowledge a bit more. Like NBC Today / the opener always has Savannah and Hoda but then the fill ins will say they are off for the day etc…

They’re flogging the ‘Reaso’ nickname this morning.

4 Likes

woe betide a male presenter of Sunrise should be referred to be their first name…

5 Likes

Apart from Matt Doran - thank god they don’t call him ‘Doro’!

3 Likes

He’s been Reaso as long as I can remember and that’s way back to when he hosted Sunrise with Mel, and Sunday Sunrise.
It’s a similar nickname to “Beretts”.

4 Likes

Yeah, he even gets called Reaso in some live crosses.

In Melbourne, Peter Mitchell never gets called ‘Peter’ either.

4 Likes

Chris Reason has been great! Hope he takes over the weekend gig.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Interesting…, those caps show Chris with no tie at 5:38am, and come 5:47am he’s got a tie on.

Makes me think even more that Matt called in sick and he was a last minute get, couldn’t put a tie on in time before the show started etc.

3 Likes

Great to have Chris on this morning. He has much better chemistry with the weekday team than Matt does in my opinion. Matt’s best on weekends.

3 Likes

Matt is terrible. How he got a job on Sunrise is something I will never understand.

4 Likes

In case you didn’t scroll back up the thread to see the update on @ec42’s post - Matt Doran is hosting with Nat today and presumably for the rest of week. Looks like Chris was only yesterday at the last-minute.

3 Likes

Yay. Reaso is good but I prefer Matt, plus he’s part of the immediate Sunrise team.

3 Likes

Worth noting he had also presented Seven News Sydney the previous evening (10/1) too so a short turnaround for Reaso.

6 Likes

Why does Doran feel he needs to throw his little editorial comments and opinions in after every answer the CMO is giving on the vaccine.

His arrogance is really annoying of late.

3 Likes

I wonder if Sam Mac has actually signed on for another 2 years, or is just saying that to annoy
Barb? :thinking::joy:

6 Likes

Why do they think they’re funny by replying?

3 Likes

Apparently Sam Mac is set to become the longest serving weather presenter on Sunrise

4 Likes

Tomorrow till Sunday (January 15-17) Sunrise will finish early at 9.30am in Adelaide, and 9am in Brisbane and Perth, due to Seven’s coverage of the fourth cricket test between Australia and India. The arrangement could go into Monday and Tuesday should the match goes the distance.

3 Likes

Doesn’t it usually finish at 9am?