Sunrise

Presumably he is doing it today because tomorrow is a Saturday and he won’t be working?

1 Like

Yeah I get that. It’s all just a bit cringe, I’m sure the weekend crew will be doing the same on the actual day.

Will they be doing the New Years Eve countdown on December 30th…? :joy:

1 Like

Don’t give them ideas

This :point_up_2:

2 Likes

Yeah but Shirvo is notoriously a massive Star Wars fan (and good on him). Just a bit awkward that it falls on a Saturday this year.

4 Likes

Well, since the first recorded use was in 1979, I’d say (Star Wars Day - Wikipedia) has outlasted many, many fads. Disney would be keen as ever to have May 4 as an informal commemorative day to celebrate Star Wars.

4 Likes

Vertical screen used again yesterday.

6 Likes

Dark floor, dark ceiling. So shit, finish the job and add a ceiling detail.

5 Likes

Sat 4/5/24:
Sally and Matt hosting today.
Tarsh presenting news.

6 Likes

Dr Keith was back today too. First time I’ve seen him in more than two months.

Surely they could find the personalised V/O. Sally is the main fill-in.

4 Likes
8 Likes

There was also a live-cross to their US Bureau in LA with Tim Lester, upon the 8am breaking news

2 Likes

“May the fourth” being covered today…

6 Likes

Sally did Pop News from the desk …

And Tarsh did the final news headlines from the couch…

5 Likes

Just a quick take… Say what you like about Doran, but he’s better than Shirvington at the lighter, humour side of things and the former’s chemistry is far better with all co-presenters than the latter’s with even his own main co-host, IMO. Also somewhat romantic seeing Doran and Belling re-united in recent years from their close on-air relationship back at Ten, they used to have a ball. It’s just unfortunate Doran had that Adele saga and then some personal issues including going AWOL after that Nsw bus crash, on all accounts drummed up by the tabloid media as well. I feel Doran cops a bit of a rough go TBH.

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with either Matt.
Both do their respective roles well, have good on air chemistry with their co-hosts/presenting teams and have made their roles their own.
I like both.

3 Likes

True. What would it be like if we saw both Matt’s host together? Thought.

I definetly prefer Matt Doran’s style of reporting than Matt S wooden like presenting. Was a fan when Matt D was hosting Ten News with Natarsha B back in the day and still think he’s much better.

Not sure if Matt S has any previous experience in media? But you would certainly think he would have improved by now. Just goes to show hiring pretty boys with no media training is a big mistake.

2 Likes

Bit rough - Matt S has been on tv since the mid-2000s with Beyond Tomorrow. Then had about a decade at foxtel presenting and has now been at 7 coming up to 5 years.

That’s nearly 20 years in the industry.

2 Likes

IIRC, Shirvo was also on *Dancing With the Stars” during his first stint at Seven, in which he was a reporter on Beyond Tomorrow.

Also, he’s coming up to four years in his second stint at Seven, not five.