Sunrise

They’ve called a Sydney suburb both west and south west all morning. It is one or the other.

1 Like

That is very sad if the entire YouTube channel is taken down because one of the recent videos had footage from the Women’s World Cup, triggering copyright claims from FIFA.

6 Likes

Oh yeah. FIFA and the IOC are very strict when it comes to people uploading promos & news footage featuring their content on YouTube. It’s why some archivists in the US & Canada black out any content from them or go as far as to black out any live sports footage that’s shown in newscasts or promos.

1 Like

Just saw this on the Sunrise TikTok

How nice would it have been to have had a view to outside.

8 Likes

I’m sorry but these panels just look terrible, doesnt work with the rest of the set at all.
I think its just the Greyness, if they changed it to white it would look 10x better

And the floor shouldn’t be grey either, a white would do.

9 Likes

I really like this corner, very fresh

I struggle to see it working with the news desk in the long run

2 Likes

Is this area really even needed? Couldn’t they use the catwalk and screen behind the desk?

If they are going to use it long term, it needs a lighter floor - ideally timber. The desk should also really be on a riser.

7 Likes

Cricket Australia seems to be strict too but the AFL/Ch7 seems to be pretty chill when it comes to this sorta stuff

2 Likes

I disagree. There’s enough white in the graphics on screen and in other parts of the set. If they made everything white then it would look clinical. Like a hospital. People have already been complaining that there’s too much white with the desk, floor and graphics.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen any comments like that about white?

Sure, lots of comments including mine about the floors and walls in some spaces which are too grey, and in some shots (see below) there’s too much orange for my liking.

But I’d rather white over cold grey spaces with weird lighting any day.

3 Likes

It looks generic enough too to just be anywhere. Could have worked. But then again, they might know that there is soon to be construction nearby, or maybe the sun shines right into the studio from the angle and so would make for a bad shot.

1 Like

I think they learned pretty quickly with the last relaunch at Martin place where they uncovered the marble original floors for the last set. Then they realised it was too light and looked off and did the floorboards. This is needed in this studio. It’s too clinical as it is. I like it, but I think it needs a little more vibe or something…

5 Likes

Maybe they will. Maybe the area people are talking about will be multi-use as we saw last night with the World Cup, and used for otter shows and for performances.
They might just be settling in and trialling things.

2 Likes

Surely the grey is easier to keep or at least look like it’s kept clean.

If we’ve learnt anything from Martin Place - it’s that seven are not very good at keeping the place clean.

3 Likes

Now that I’ve seen the set a few more times, I think some wooden accents around the set would really make it look much better along with the grey. It would add that degree of sophistication and depth to the set.

5 Likes

The area looked good when used like this with the round desk/table.

6 Likes

Not really, the panels above and below the smaller longer screen are dull and yuck.

The desk should have been left in the skip bin at Martin Place. It’s too small for the new set.

8 Likes

Nah… I have to agree with a few others here. I’m not a fan of that section of the set. It seems cold and sterile.

3 Likes

Don’t like the use of this at all. The background is a bit of a mess with different types of walls and screens, plus it’s green??? Round desk is also too small.

5 Likes