Sunrise

Daily Mail accusing Sunrise of ripping off NBC Today but they create a story based (inaccurately) on comments from Media Spy. Really reinforces their journalistic credibility …not.

Wonder if they’ll ever do a story about how Media Spy contributors overwhelmingly feel that Daily Mail is pathetic journalism.

6 Likes

This is not :rotating_light: BREAKING NEWS :rotating_light:

https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/1683972322128961536?s=46&t=RPKXX3QJ5bwM_6c5rMb0SA

9 Likes

Where did these images come from?

7 Likes

Obviously Instagram

It was probably within the last hour or something it happened, but nothing ever happens down here in adelaide. You know Adelaide news had a “breaking news” segement over an icecream store’s broken plant? :skull::skull:

4 Likes

Who at Sunrise thought this would look good :woozy_face:

Looks like more of a current affairs or sports studio, rather than a warm breakfast tv show.

Low quality screen grab from Twitter sorry

Video: https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/1683938812244774913?s=46&t=RPKXX3QJ5bwM_6c5rMb0SA

8 Likes

This area is definitely the let down.
I don’t hate the lighted side panels (even in grey) - weird but workable
The grey floor and lack of lighting grid hanging stuff is not a big deal, grey is better than black floor!
Really hate that curved video wall area though. Such an afterthought. Even the huge screen has that ugly bevel around it. Some tweaks to be made.
The lighting setup itself is awesome though and looks great!

4 Likes

The clash with the graphics and overall theme of Sunrise is stark but flashes of red and space oddity lightning were used even at Martin Place.

They definitely need to work on the set lighting in this area. The colour choices specifically for this segment don’t really work well for breakfast.

But I think its clear that this area is meant to be multi-purpose unlike the morning-specific soft set.

6 Likes

Something like this would have been much nicer.

9 Likes
3 Likes

Do you think sunrise would benefit from renaming itself to the “Ho Ho Ho Morning show” or the “Ho Ho Ho Gang”
Since they laugh hysterically at each other before each ad break :woozy_face:. Nothing is more cringe then fake anchor happiness

Love the new opener. Better than the glass effect opener

2 Likes

Promo during Seven News - QLD version

NSW promo instead of the QLD Car Theft Crisi gets

2 Likes

Now they need to update their promo. The one just shown during the World Cup featured the old set.

5 Likes

Really needs to be updated

3 Likes

It’s been three days since launching in the new set,
I doubt they have enough to make a promo. give it a week maybe.

10 Likes

Why so quick to erase things too? I’m all for consistency, but as mentioned above it’s been 3 days and they’ve probably had more pressing stuff. It’ll be updated in due course no doubt.

10 Likes

They didn’t just take down the video, but apparently, the entire channel. I don’t know where Australian TV Fan is elsewhere, but their channel had a heckton of old Australian TV clips, especially from Queensland. To be fair, uploading full newscasts, or full bulletins as you folks call them (yes, I’m an American), is not a good idea since the networks already have them up online, but its still a shame the entire channel got taken down because when it comes to vintage footage, they aren’t making money off of those.

I really hope they are able to get themselves back up, whether on YouTube again or on the Internet Archive. What an absolute blow to Australian archivists.

To any other Aussie archivists (or even all archivists for that matter), I highly recommend you upload your vintage videos on the Internet Archive. Incase YouTube decides to take you down, with IA, at least those old clips won’t be lost to the aether. I also recommend that if you are going to upload to YouTube, don’t upload full bulletins. I’d point to a YouTuber named Emarsee as a good example. They’re from Canada, so their country has a similar issue with TV stations consolidating with the network (i.e. most CTV stations being owned by Bell) as Australia has with aggregation.

10 Likes