Sunrise

8 Likes

Katie Brown on sports chat this morning.

3 Likes

They should just make her permanent sports reader on weekends. Might help it more when she fills in on weekdays as the feedback so far isn’t really good on her.

5 Likes

Kochie doing a great job for Weekend Sunrise this morning. It’s now midnight UK time so it’s been a long stint since last nights coverage Australian time. Some good interviews this morning.

4 Likes

6 Likes
3 Likes

Jimmy Rees is ‘guest weatherman’ filling in for Sam Mac this week.

6 Likes

Should be fun. I recall Kochie saying after an appearance late last year that they should give him a regular spot on the show.

Early start for Sunrise today. Turned on for a 5.30 start, and they came back from a break straight to Kochie talking about the Coronation Concert which had just begun. No 5.30 opener or news update. Kochie crossed straight back to Monique at 5.38 for news headlines.

5 Likes

Sunrise starting at 5am this morning straight out of NBC Today.

6 Likes

I think I prefer Sam Mac then Jimmy doing the weather. I watch the content on he’s YouTube channel so was looking forward to him hosting the weather on Sunrise. He has a really annoying voice. Hopefully he’ll settle in as the week progresses.

4 Likes

You do realise he was a children’s entertainer

1 Like

Presume Kochie is on his way home today… he’ll want to be back for Wednesday morning’s coverage of the Federal Budget!

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr-aBcEN1rV/

4 Likes

Unusual choice of story this morning. “Gold Coast rates shock” with rates going up 5.5% but “probably lower than most other councils around the country.” So is that really news worthy? More Qld “bad news” hype?
I know they have Tamra Bow based on the GC and cross to her most days for a report but surely there is something more worthy to report?

Also a typo at 5.50am. “Time Lester” reporting from the US.

5 Likes

I like Jimmy Rees doing the weather (if you can call weather a segment).
You could get extremely drunk with a drinking game of how Sam Mac says “I” or turns any subject about him.

2 Likes

“Coronation and a budget - I’m in Heaven”.

6 Likes

If that’s Heaven then Hell must be really bad. :fire: :imp: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

When you’re so in sync with your competition that even your wardrobes start mirroring each other :joy:

6 Likes

Not sure about Sunrise’s maths this morning. They’re reporting on the housing crisis, saying we can expect 970 000 migrants but only 500 000 homes will be built, claiming that’s only half of what we need.
Are we expecting every migrant to live in a home on their own? Surely some will be families?

1 Like