Sunrise

Katie Brown presenting sport today.

3 Likes

Since joining Sunrise I’ve seen Katie fill in for weather and do a few live crosses etc, but does she actually have a regular role?

That is her role. Fill in. It was announced as such back in January that she will fill in for sport and weather and other necessary events.

4 Likes

Fair enough.
On another note, I’ve noticed that they’ve been using reporters before breaks saying, “I’ll have a live report coming up” quite a bit lately, particularly before the 7am news.

1 Like

Weather from Samoa

5 Likes

Kochie leaving today for the King’s coronation. Reporting from Wednesday.

7 Likes

Shirvo hosting this week I reckon.

6 Likes

Na, Dr Chris I rekon :joy:

I don’t think Dr Chris Brown begins with the network until at least July?

Also, Shirvo has become the show’s first preference for back-up presenters whenever Kochie is away, though I think he might also be the second-choice for sport (behind Katie Brown) whenever Beretts is off, as he was today.

1 Like

Yeah i think your right. It would be funny though to see him go straight from I’m a Celebrity to Sunrise lol

3 Likes

2/5/2023 Shirvo indeed co-hosting with Nat today (and presumably for the rest of this week while Kochie is in London). Katie is still on sport.

5 Likes

Katie is far more tolerable as the sport presenter then she is as the weather presenter.

5 Likes

1 Like

From tomorrow, Sunrise co-host David Koch will be live from 5.30am in London for the week, crossing to Natalie Barr and Matt Shirvington at Brekky Central each day. They will be joined by royal expert Victoria Arbiter and the King’s biographer Robert Jobson for all the breaking royal news.

A special edition of Weekend Sunrise, hosted by Monique Wright and Matt Doran from 7.00am this Saturday, continues the coronation countdown before 7NEWS Spotlight presenter Michael Usher and former BBC royal correspondent Angela Rippon take the helm from 4.00pm AEST.

6 Likes

She’s far more toned down in-studio.

5 Likes

Isn’t Today broadcasting from 6am? Will be interesting if 7 decides to match this.

2 Likes

But what for? That would be the middle of the night in London.

Sunday 6am would make more sense with all the highlights from the night before.

3 Likes

Agree. Just wondering if they’ll do the usual copycatting the breaky show as are known for.
I think 7-11 Saturday and 6-10 Sunday makes more sense personally.

Apparently the clear out of Martin Place happens this month fwiw.

6 Likes