Sunrise

10/12/2022 Tamra Bow is presenting weather this weekend.

5 Likes

Monique back to adding “for” in the date during the opener. “It’s Saturday 10th December for 2022”. Annoying. Matt does it sometimes too.

4 Likes

Why? That’s not even a convention anywhere.

1 Like

… and then Matt did it at 9.00am!

1 Like

Sunrise just 1000 behind Today in Brisbane yesterday.

1 Like

That could be a reflection of the first “summer” team coming in and hosting while Sunrise had majority of their regular co hosts still on the program…

4 Likes

And again this morning. :triumph:

1 Like

Tamra Bow is a good reporter but not so great on the weather. Ok for a summer weekend fill-in I guess.

4 Likes

And yet more tolerable than Katie Brown.

5 Likes

Personally don’t like her, she’d be great on radio I reckon. Weather ain’t her thing.

1 Like

I think Katie is more down to earth, while Tamra is a bit of a show off in that kind of role.

Neither of them should be presenting the weather,stick to reporting.IMO

3 Likes

Monday (12.12.2022) - Tuesday (13.12.2022): Monique Wright and Matt Shirvington are hosting. Eddy is doing news and sport.

Wednesday (14.12.2022): Monique Wright and Matt Shirvington hosting.

6 Likes

Shirvo seemed to be looking at the wrong camera in the opener

2 Likes

This is usually where I chime in and suggest that they hire an actual meteorologist to present the weather… and then get destroyed like Seymour Skinner’s weather balloon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

We all know breakfast TV weather is really just “do i need my umbrella today”. Its more colour than information. When there are actual weather stories, we’ve seen them call on Tony Auden, Jane Bunn and the BoM. But a meteorologist every half hour may be a bit much. I know they do it in the US with many of their local newscasts and inserts though.

5 Likes

Don’t need a meteorologist on Brekky tv. Just the right person. Sam Mac and JT are great. Monique and GD were excellent back in the day.

4 Likes

David Brown had a stint in the first half of 2008 as weather presenter but was unpopular with viewers.

Wasn’t a fan either with him presenting in a small studio at Brekky Central instead of on location.

2 Likes

I believe it was done out of BCM from memory. He was still doing Melbourne’s weather at the time.

3 Likes

Today challenged Sunrise during Brown’s tenure as weatherman