Sunrise

Sunrise will be broadcasting from Federation Square in Melbourne on Friday, ahead of the AFL Grand Final which is the following day on the Saturday.

9 Likes

Will be interesting if Kochie and Nat will be back and go straight to Melbourne after the funeral. Or would they send Matt Doran & Mon to host the show next Friday.
And have Barretts and Sally with them

5 Likes

Weekend Sunrise coming from Sydney studio this morning with Mon and Matt hosting and crossing to 7 news reporters in London.

6 Likes

Saturday (17.09.2022): A 6am start for Weekend Sunrise for special coverage in the lead up to The Queen’s funeral. Bianca Stone and Tim McMillan reporting from London. No weather presenter today.

Natarsha Belling is reading news and sport this weekend.

5 Likes

Sunday 18.09.2022: Weekend Sunrise started later at 7am.
Kochie and Nat in London and Mon and Matt at Brekky Central.

5 Likes

Weekend Sunrise will broadcast live from the MCG this Saturday from 7am AEST, ahead of AFL Grand Final.

4 Likes

Sunrise started earlier than the scheduled 5am this morning (not sure what time, I started watching about 4.55am and they were already on).

At 5am AEST they stopped to observe the minute of silence being held across the UK at 8pm London time.

4 Likes

Haha seven would capitalise on that surely “The only news team live from the royal plane”

2 Likes

It’s what the today show has been doing for ages in Queensland just another seven balant ripoff imo

2 Likes

1 Like

What time did Sunrise commence this morning?
Wondering when Kochie and Nat will leave London?
Hopefully Mon and Matt will take over hosting for a few days at the end of this week though I suspect Kochie and Nat will be aiming to host on Thursday’s day of mourning.
Even if Mon and Matt can host Friday from Melbourne, they can have a long weekend.

2 Likes

I just said that the other day. @spw68

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) – News Coverage:

Back in the day, Tracy Grimshaw would often host ACA while still hosting Today. and Jim Waley would host Sunday and read the Sunday night news.

3 Likes

Standard programs though? Not special event coverage?

Not to mention Deb Knight when she did Today and 9 News Sydney.

2 Likes

Back between 2008-10, Sharyn Ghidella would present Seven News Brisbane on weekends while also doing Weekend Sunrise news. My understanding is that she would fly south on Saturday night following the news and then fly back north following WS on Sundays.

3 Likes

Kochie this morning about The Queen’s funeral: “In my 20 years with Sunrise, this is the biggest story I’ve covered. It’s been a privilege.” It was worded perfectly for a reel…

They finished their coverage today with a nice group shot of the “people who actually do all the work” (their producers). If you wanted to know @spw68 , Kochie said they are back on Friday.

11 Likes

Wow. So they will be in Melbourne for the AFL GF. Like kudos to them.

1 Like

8 Likes

Is there a video of this?