Sunrise

What do you mean? They are big brand names.

It is purely a decision to include those news brands for promotion, not honesty. Not that there is a problem with that.

They would include them on every bulletin if it was honesty.

3 Likes

Well aware of that, I’m just saying it’s a good look in my opinion to make mention of the fact that Seven and Sunrise are working with other media groups to bring the coverage to its viewers. Can’t say I’ve seen Nine, Ten or anyone else openly say that they’ll be pinching vision from others.

4 Likes

It’s likely being done as part of the deal in acknowledging them. Also possible they may be sharing resources which may be why (link truck etc) - cheaper !

1 Like

He says “same floorspace but it’s own studio” which concerns me. The current studio is already compact - so either they are going to end up with two very small pokey spaces…or they are going virtual (partially or fully).

1 Like

I doubt it. They won’t shove it in a smaller space than current. I imagine the 7NEWS set will be multi purpose to include the Latest

Sunrise is too big a brand for them to shove it in a corner. They will want to make it look good and I presume it will share the space with TMS…

5 Likes

Perhaps something similar to the 9 News / Today studio, where the 2 studios, the main set and soft set, are separated by a sliding door, but share the same floor space.

2 Likes

I think we all have to remember that despite it being “converted” Martin place was a banking building. It wasn’t designed as a TV studio. So anything will be better floor space wise than what they currently have.

1 Like

The floor space is fine especially if it isn’t sharing room for different sets etc.

Hope it doesn’t have a stupid fat pole in the middle of the studio like 9.

2 Likes

:joy: you’re so bothered by it :joy:

It’s literally part of the structural integrity of the building. Think they’ve done a fairly good job of working around it to maximize the use of the set.

1 Like

The one thing Martin Place has going for it is height (though Seven doesn’t really take advantage of that as much as they could). Nine feels claustrophobic with their low ceilings in North Sydney - which I imagine Seven will encounter moving into an office space as well.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s going to be in an “office building”. They have already have studios at Tech Park. Likely it’s a purpose built studio they are building and not retrofitting an office.

1 Like

Nat and Kochie are sounding a bit tired this morning, but totally understandable, by 8am they’ve already been live on air for 5 hours, and were also out in London filming pre-recorded stuff before that today.

Also imagine not very comfortable for them sitting on those foldup chairs for hours every day and also in the middle of the cold rainy night in London, considering the time difference they probably aren’t getting to bed until at least 4am London time!

2 Likes

They have it in their closing strap, and for US events they spruik the CBS connection.

1 Like

Kochie should have been listening to Michael Usher and the Royal experts on 7’s coverage last night …
Princes Harry and Andrew are not being snubbed or denied wearing their military uniforms. Apparently if you’re no longer in the military, you don’t get to wear them. It’s the same for everyone.

1 Like

It looks like they’re broadcasting from a slightly different location now from previous days, backdrop is now similar to the area Today is using.

2 Likes

Reunited and it doesn’t feel so good. :rofl:

22 Likes

And to think some people were suggesting they should fly back next Tuesday and be forced back on air on Thursday.

I suspect they’ll work through this weekend too - especially as it looks like the King’s Vigil at Westminster Hall is now scheduled for 5am AEST on Saturday morning (8pm UK time Friday night).

1 Like