Sunrise

This

1 Like

I don’t dispute that. She was rather ‘outspoken’ on covid measures for both QLD and Vic at the time. But I think with the benefit of hindsight people are starting to see that Sam was right and the premiers were fear mongering dictators. As it turns out the PM even more so.

We’ve been living pretty normally since the early part of 2021 overseas… but don’t believe me.

Look at Jaqueline Felgate’s recent trip to Europe… she got asked a lot of questions on her socials along the lines of travelling with covid still going on. And the answer was it is as if it does not exist in Europe. People in Australia still fear this thing because of the way the Aus state governments acted… while the rest of the world moved on.

This is not the right place for that discussion. But my point is I think Sam was just ahead of her time… people didn’t understand that at the time because they were believing the hysteria from the premiers and CHOs.

Regardless, I take the point that Sam’s views were not well received in those markets. Though, I think morning tv presenters have licence to editorialise a bit more than other news shows, I mean the Project does it every night in prime time and there is clear bias on their panel.

When you go with a safe option, ie: Natalie, you end up with the social media team having to write the headlines themselves in order to get someone talking about your show.

2 Likes

She was advocating the relaxation of COVID measures before a significant portion of the population had been double vaccinated. Don’t know how you draw the conclusion “Sam was right” when there’s no way of telling how much more devastation could’ve been wrought if movement hadn’t been restricted.

13 Likes

I think you’ve in the minority with that one. Most haven’t changed their perception.

6 Likes

Is this satire?

13 Likes

I tried my best this morning to steer the conversation away from this. Sorry my original post deteriorated into this.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t expect people who have been sheltered and trained to think a certain way by overzealous politicians to understand. So I rest my case.

1 Like

Sunrise back winning again in Sydney yesterday.

3 Likes

Such a mature response from someone who so regularly enters this topic to jump to the defence of Sunrise when somebody is critical of the show. Reminds me of the early days of Media Spy.

Move on.

11 Likes

Thursday (01.09.2022): Sally Bowrey is presenting news and entertainment this morning.

Friday (02.09.2022): Matt Shirvington is co-hosting with Nat. Katie Brown is still doing weather.

6 Likes

Judging by the last few days, it seems they’ve decided to just do the Qld intro at 7am.
Still glitchy switching over today but it was a Corrs song as the backing music so not as bad as a voiceover error.

Consecutive stories this morning promoting Seven’s Sunday night line-up - surely a turn off.

Though it is one way to get Samantha Armytage back on the show :wink:

4 Likes

What a fall from grace - decent journo > sunrise host> host of reality tv

4 Likes

Loved all the live shots this morning. They’re making a big effort to get live stuff from around the country.

2 Likes

Not even hosting… lol

3 Likes

And the grocery giveaway was fun :blush:

Saturday- NewsFeed started at 7.59 am… why bother?

Update: 7.57 on Sunday. Marginally better.

Both days, it meant the 8am intro wasn’t on time.

4 Likes

Weekend Sunrise using the Sunrise logo all morning on intros etc.

3 Likes

News corp papers article “Snap, crackle, pop: Brekkie TV’s big turn off”.

Reports on the dramatic drop in audience for breakfast TV this year.

In November of 2019, Sunrise, Today and ABC News Breakfast pulled a collective audience of 672,000.

Just three years later, that’s down to 498,000 – a loss of 174,000 viewers.

In fact, in December of 2020, Sunrise had an average 448,000 viewers nationally – a figure which is now just short of total viewers for all networks combined.

2 Likes

I don’t know if that was the same article I was reading but there was report on numbers in yesterday’s Sunday Telegraph that mentioned the Sunrise team were “working on strategies to win viewers back”. It also said they’d lost up to a dozen staff members who worked on the show in various capacities over the past few months.

4 Likes