Sunrise

Except all the sport presenter does is read out results. I’m happy with Sally reading out the sport news on weekends, but I think they could invest more in getting experts to dissect the games and give their opinions, going beyond what the Sports Talk segment does.

They could get sport writers from The Daily Telegraph and Herald Sun to share their opinions on sport news each morning (couldn’t consider The Age or SMH because they’re owned by Nine), or get some of their own such as Mel McLaughlin, Tim Watson etc.

2 Likes

Sunday (28.08.2022): Sally Bowrey is co-hosting with Matt this morning. Natarsha Belling is reading news and sport.

6 Likes

Steve Hart reporting from Brisbane this morning.

6 Likes

Samantha Armytage has told Stellar magazine that she doesn’t want to return to Sunrise.

“I’d never go back (to Sunrise),” she reveals to Stellar. “You don’t go backwards in life. You’ve got to keep going forward.”

In fact, Armytage doesn’t even watch the show.

“When I do listen to radio and TV, no-one’s actually saying what they mean,” she explains.

“Everybody’s walking this tightrope because they fear they’ll say the wrong thing and the mob will descend on them, and that’s not journalism, and it’s not what I was paid to do back in the old days.”

“I did Weekend Sunrise and Sunrise for 15 years straight, so I’ve missed a lot of mornings and weekends.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/stellar/samantha-armytage-reveals-why-she-doesnt-watch-sunrise-anymore/news-story/b06d99a0a59506ed1addffa134ee06d2

3 Likes

Samantha Who?

16 Likes

“No one is able to say racist, sexist, homophobic and fascist shit anymore” is what she really means.

15 Likes

No one at Sunrise asked…

13 Likes

Probably the biggest favour she’s done Seven in the last 10 years.

8 Likes

Interesting timing for her to start dishing dirt just before her ‘return’ to 7 on Farmer.

A real slap in the face to the Seven workforce who have continued to contribute to the network throughout the challenges of the past two years considering she seems to have remained under contract and done next to nothing save for appearing on horse racing coverage and this Farmer cameo. Real value for money.

6 Likes

Her wasted pay could’ve gone to Mel Doyle and kept her at the network.
Hope she stays in the country never to be seen on tv again.

6 Likes

Giving your opinion all the time isn’t journalism… and not what you were paid for back then either… that was straight news reading back then.

2 Likes

Has she ever actually been a journalist? Or just a newsreader/presenter? (I’m not talking about ages and ages ago - I’m talking about her time with Seven).

In her early days at 7 she was a Sydney based reporter was she not? And I can’t remember for sure, but she could have also done some TT reporting too.

3 Likes

Sounds like she’s trying to line up a show on Sky, would be right up her alley.

1 Like

He also reported on 7News tonight.

2 Likes

Oh god was she racing?!

Keen to see what she actually does on Farmer, perhaps a ‘Shelly Craft on The Block’ type role where she shows up once or twice a week and does whatever she does. She didn’t even marry an actual farmer too ffs…

3 Likes

Yes, I believe she was recruited to the Sydney newsroom in 2003 as a state based reporter. Around 2004 she started filling in on national news updates but kept reporting until she received the 4.30 News gig in 2006.

2 Likes

She was a Reporter/Weekend News Update Presenter (when they used to produce a shortened weekend news) at WIN News Canberra before moving to Sky News in their Parliament House Canberra bureau. She covered stories for both Seven and Sky News over summer in 2002/2003 then Seven poached her full time.

2 Likes

I’d rather watch a Richard Wilkins’ Keynotes marathon than anything Sam Armytage appears in!

3 Likes