Sunrise

I don’t know why they like doing everything in the dark. What happened to the bright and cheery setup they had before? Are they just phoning it in until they move to Eveleigh?

1 Like

It looks awful. Looks like a night time show.

“Welcome to sunset”

5 Likes

Post 8am always looks light and bright. Wonder could be the issue :thinking::roll_eyes:

Depends on what part of the set and those John Farnham backdrops were pretty dark as well.

Also this morning:

6 Likes

Sam Mac’s last day today before taking paternity leave (he will host The Morning Show a couple of times he said). Baby due in early September.
Wonder if JT or Katie Brown will fill in? Or someone else?

4 Likes

I remember when Grant Denyer went on his paternity leave in 2011, James Tobin presented weather across Sunrise and Weekend Sunrise for 28 days straight.

I may be in the minority but I do like seeing JT on weekdays whenever Sam Mac isn’t available, but it’s also worth noting he has other duties on Seven including his gig on BH&G.

11 Likes

The Qld overlay at the intro still looks glitchy. The audio and vision is right but when they flick back to the end of the national intro, it’s a jump/pause… not sure how they overcome this.
Was the same yesterday.

Hopefully Bianca Stone will return to QLD news with the start of daylight savings. That’s how the glitch will be fixed.

Then keep her year round.

2 Likes

Bianca’s news segments had issues too but they were largely sorted by the end of daylight saving.

JT doing the grocery giveaway today.

2 Likes

Thursday (25.08.2022):
Katie Brown is doing weekday weather for ‘two weeks’. I’d prefer James.

Friday (26.08.2022):
Matt Shirvington co-hosted with Nat.

3 Likes

Not a fan tbh, hate it when networks throw presenters out of their comfort zones. Katie should stick to sport where she clearly performs well.

Maybe they’re using a Queenslander to help lift that market.

1 Like

Totally agree - I can stand the women

The additional headlines after the 8am intro today… Mon mentioned the story about ice baths coming up, but she’d interviewed Dr Ginny 10 minutes before.

2 Likes

Reminds me of when Daybreak in the UK launched to great fanfare from a studio overlooking the London skyline… at 6am, in the autumn:

2 Likes

I was just thinking this morning what an odd decision it was to make the sport presenter role redundant on weekends. Weekends are when all the sport is on! Anyway.

6 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too. Perhaps they could reinstate the position and have Michelle Bishop or Matt Carmichael present.

The decision was made in Covid wasn’t it? It was just an opportune time to save some money.

Shame because Simon was a great presenter who did a lot for 7 over the years. I always thought he’d be good with Sharyn on the QLD bulletin after he made the move up north. Certainly better than Bill and more experienced than Max.

1 Like