Sunrise

Love how the leading sport story just happens to revolve around Port Adelaide, when the Swans had a much better and more enjoyable game to watch, and would resonate more with the target audience.

2 Likes

I’m disappointed to say that this looks a bit like what Today has been doing. Focus less on what they’re doing and fix your own show.

All these new angles are all well and good but, at the moment, it just showcases what a vile and inconsistent set design they have at Martin Place.

2 Likes

I think they’re getting viewers accustomed to what they can expect when operations move to Everleigh.

15 Likes

Agree… very few angles of the streetscape or windows these days.

2 Likes

“Welcome to my cave…”

3 Likes

So he isn’t a presenter, he’s a reporter.

1 Like

Why is it so dark??

1 Like

Welcome to Sunset on Seven

13 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

Sunrise has experimented with angles and screens for years.

4 Likes

Sunrise claims year

3 Likes

I saw a new segment too for Matt the other week “Extraordinary Australians” . It seems like a regular fixture. With him not doing any weekday Sunrise or Spotlight and less TMS, it seems they are wanting to get their money’s worth.

P.S: Nice to see the blinds back up. This angle, with its street views and wooden floors, is much better than the 7 News side.

11 Likes

I find Matt Doran annoying and it appears Monique Wright does too. You can see that although she laughs here, she does look a bit pissed off.

2 Likes

Monique is no different. For a long time, she gave Matt a hard time and he wouldn’t say a word. Now they banter like a married couple. I think it’s all good fun. That said, sometimes they both do go on a little long. Sally joins in too. Or Tarsh if she’s on news.

3 Likes

That’s just their relationship. Remember he was the same with Natarsha Belling.

Cross to Bec Maddern for “sports talk” around 8.20. Eddy did a feature story around 8.25. Are they usual segments?

“Queensland headlines” at 6am,
and again at 7am.
Nat and Kochie in a standing position.
Think it’s just a local intro over the top of the national one. As it finishes you hear Nat say the date, then Kochie finishing the date as well. He must’ve done the national one.

And just before 6.30 a brief cross to Liam Tapper on location in Sydney in the “coming up” headlines.

1 Like

“These are the top stories in the Sunshine State”.

The lack of a clock is a giveaway that its only in Queensland.

Not seen at st 8:00 AM

5 Likes

Gosh its so dark and dungeony

13 Likes