Sunrise

Where’s Kochie? It will probably be Shirvo.

Kochie is in London for his daughter’s wedding. I thought you knew that already. Oh well, i am assuming you watch Today.

1 Like

Nope, did not.

No I switch between the three/four, but don’t watch Sunrise long enough to know these things.

A rare in-studio interview for the Perth News yesterday, previewing Susannah’s special tribute package that night:

I don’t mind it, especially if it means more local content. They could even use the couches from Flashpoint.

9 Likes

That set is hideous. Looks like it’s presented from a garage, what I used to do back in the day.

7 Likes

Basil appeared this morning, with Malarndirri McCarthy for Hot Topics.

1 Like

The team doing the nutbush yesterday.

5 Likes

Sunday 10 July-

Natarsha Belling is presenting news and sport this morning.

11 Likes

Matt Shirvington is hosting with Nat this week.

EDIT -
Matt is also reading sport this morning.

8 Likes

Beretts was in Townsville until late yesterday.

5 Likes

6 Likes
6 Likes

I wonder when they’re going to take Matt Doran “off the bench” and get him on the weekday show. Surely he’s done his time for his Adele mishap?!

3 Likes

If 7 continue on with this, I could see another network poach Matt Doran.

1 Like

Not after the Adele saga.

I did think this initially, but the longer this drags on, I wonder if it’s his choice to take a step back and only focus on his commitments to the weekend show. Being out of the spotlight is probably good for his mental health.

7 Likes

The Adele saga, something I had already forgotten about. If Channel 9 can throw Peter Fegan a second chance for a much more serious offence, there’s no reason why Doran can’t get the same.

2 Likes

When was the last time Nathan Templeton appeared on the show?

Nathan Currie and Sarah Jane Bell have only been covering Melbourne reports lately from what I have seen.

2 Likes

When the weekday show is losing audience and even being beaten by Today (yesterday) surely Seven execs must be noticing that Weekend Sunrise is smashing Weekend Today , sometimes by as much as 100k. With results like that Matt Doran’s Adel mistake will be overlooked by management as it obviously has been by viewers.

4 Likes

I still don’t get why they would choose Matt Shirvington over Matt Doran. Doran may be past his peak but he’s a journalist and does well covering hard news. Shirvo doesn’t match any of that and doesn’t have much gravitas for weekdays. Much more suited to weekends where there’s comparatively less happening.

Unless of course it’s Matt’s personal choice not to do weekdays anymore.

2 Likes