Sunrise

I’m sure some of these people would like their weekends back, at least for a while. Plus we don’t know what they’re working on that makes them unavailable.

Basil was on the other week from Sydney, Riley has been travelling with the PM.q

2 Likes

Monday 4 July -
Special Edition: Sydney Flood Emergency

Nat is hosting from Windsor,NSW with Michael in the studio.

Reporters-
Nathan Currie, Penrith
Bill Hogan, Richmond
Shaun White, Chipping Norton

James Tobin is presenting weather from Windsor,his first cross was around 6:15am.

6 Likes

The Local news inserts stopped - I think they were actually very well received in Brisbane.

Was it really Stan Grant, or are you thinking of Glen Milne?

What happened to Glen Milne?

Haven’t heard much from/about him since that incident at the Walkleys in 2006 whereby he was involved in an altercation with Stephen Mayne.

I would like to think that he has since retired.

7 Likes

It was really Stan Grant.

3 Likes

Glen Milne continued as a columnist for many years at The Australian following the incident you referred to. I believe he’s now retired.

1 Like

Sunrise at its best this morning. Feel for people in the flood zone again!

5 Likes

Agreed. When it comes to a serious event, or extensive coverage, they do it well.

10 Likes

Tuesday 5 July- Special Edition

Nat is hosting from Windsor, NSW again this morning.

Mark Beretta is presenting sport from the Queensland Academy of Sport, and Sam Mac is back presenting weather this morning.

8 Likes

Slightly different opening this morning. Instead of the desk we saw a rain-lashed Martin Place. There were only 2 at the desk when it was shown with sport coming from Brisbane and Nat at Windsor again.

![7HD_20220705_0245.ts_016996280|690x388, 50%](upload://urJKOC9xrLch5W8Qumy163xCD7f.jpeg

6 Likes

Slight error by Michael in the preview of tomorrow’s show during 7News in Brisbane tonight. He ended by saying, “See you in the morning, Brisbane” instead of “Queensland.”

Was it definitely the state wide one? I know they do a localised Gold Coast version of that sometimes - maybe that was just seen in Brisbane and another statewide one was recorded for STQ transmitters? Although if it was actually IN the bulletin then that is a bit of an issue.

1 Like

The same promo referring to Brisbane was shown on the Gold Coast which is unusual.

2 Likes

Yes I was watching in Bundaberg.

2 Likes

Wednesday 6 July-

Nat is back hosting in the studio with Michael this morning.

Sally Bowrey is presenting news.
Monique presented news on Monday and Tuesday.

6 Likes

Sunrise spent equal time on Wimbledon and the UK leadership story this morning - tennis took priority.

5 Likes

Nat thanked Michael for his two weeks on Sunrise in the closer this morning.
So next week will be Matt Shirvington or Matt Doran?

6 Likes