Sunrise

What? he’s only in his early 40s?

Performance wise. He’s still a decent presenter but he is not as good as he was in his 10 days.

Sevens prime time schedule would do Sunrise NO favours. I mean…. Lucky to crack 300k! But does speak to:

A. Popularity of Kochie
B. Popularity of Wimbledon and tennis - no doubt pushing some overnight audience into Today. Seven would want to regain rights to tennis
C. Some interesting choices to come for sunrise. How can new management evolve the program without alienating the audience?

1 Like

As I initially suggested, the issues are more likely with the record companies than with management or the audience. Personally, I think WS would still do well (possibly better) regardless of Doran.

Early in the year. As you say, Sarah Jane Bell joined about a month ago (I’d guess freelancing until David Woiwod returns).

1 Like

Who would have thought presenters are human! :open_mouth:

Thanks for raising this. Likely this may be the case.

Breakfast TV weekdays is taxing and it bloody ages you mentally and physically, just like people who do long term night shift work. There becomes a point where you know you just need to have more of a normal life schedule.

6 Likes

Wednesday 13 July & Thursday 14 July -

Beretts is presenting sport from outside Suncorp stadium in Brisbane.

7 Likes

All very true.

I also wonder whether Seven or Matt himself have drawn a line now that his wife is EP of Today. Competing head to head on the weekday show is very different to a cute overlap on weekends that existed before they were in a serious relationship.

2 Likes

Monique presented news this week.

Today is Nelson’s last day on Sunrise.

Nat mentioned his last day as “daily” showbiz editor, maybe we might see him back occasionally as a contributor for major entertainment news or at Award ceremonies for Sunrise.

Also Eddy confirmed her return will be in August but no specific date was mentioned.

Kochie is returning next week.

10 Likes

Highlights - wearing the same jacket he wore on his first appearance. Will be touring Australia including the Perth Telethon.

16 Likes

Great achievement and so nice to look back on 19 years of Sunrise with Nelson.

But, that is one ugly book cover. Who designed that?!

4 Likes

It will be interesting to see if there’s a new Showbiz correspondent, or Nelson’s role is made redundant.

5 Likes

I feel like its only a mock up. I think I remember reading that was the case.

2 Likes

Even if it is a mock-up, it is hideous.

1 Like

Well I dont think you’d put much effort into something that isn’t going to be published.

Video.

6 Likes

Did he ever make it into the studio in Australia?

Yes a few times over the years.

1 Like

2:40 and 2:47 in the video

6 Likes

He’s been here a lot… not recently due to the pandemic.

I always remember him trying to kick an Aussie football at the SCG. I think they had him training with the Sydney Swans. (Around 2004/5)

1 Like

I hope so.

10 Likes