Sunrise

Fitting flashback with the imminent move out of Martin Place:

16 Likes

Brilliant find, thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

I recall Kochie and Mel way back in the beginning talking about how they were operating out of a “shed”.

2 Likes

What a brilliant video.

6 Likes

I like when he hosts. They should use him more. The Sunrise audience is familiar with him, knows him and have watched him for on the show for 20 years. I definitely noticed a change when Pell took over in that Beretts seldom hosted.

9 Likes

On a similar note:

:smiling_imp:

5 Likes

They also did Love Generation a few years later, and featured Andrew and Lisa from Weekend Sunrise.

2 Likes

Apart from a full bulletin hosted by Georgie Gardiner in 2000 I don’t think there is any other footage of Sunday Sunrise (as it was known back then) floating around on YouTube.

I remember it had a unique set when it moved to Martin Place in 2004 (as well as a unique theme which had lasted since mid-2003), then when it was rebranded/revamped to Weekend Sunrise it shared the same set and theme as its weekday counterpart.

3 Likes

I recall Sunday Sunrise being hosted by Chris Bath, Chris Reason and Stan Grant at different times.
Weekend Sunrise began with Chris Reason and Lisa Wilkinson, Kylie Gillies on news/sport? Then Simon Reeves joined… or the other way around?

1 Like

It was more a political news based formate.

2 Likes

Correct - and I also remember Natalie Barr even once presented Sunday Sunrise as well.

I don’t think viewers warmed to that format, hence the decision to revamp the show and make it feel more like its weekday counterpart. When it started off, I recall it being an hour long before being extended to two hours in 2006 (reduced to 90 minutes during the footy seasons to cater for Sportsworld).

Simon Reeve and Kylie Gillies were the first news and sports presenters respectively, and when the latter moved to The Morning Show in 2007 Reeve switched to sport with Sharyn Ghidella reading the news (having to fly in and out to do so, in addition to her presenting Seven News Brisbane on weekends at the time).

Much like Sunday on Nine and Meet the Press on Ten was at the time. I would like to think that the format of having politicians on Sunday mornings were retired around the time those two shows were axed.

3 Likes

With about a third of the budget as Sunday though.

1 Like

3/7/2022 Natarsha Belling is presenting news and sport this morning.

7 Likes

Newsfeed/Hot Topics this week-updated:

Sat- Suzanne Mostyn | Justin Smith
Sun-Angela Mollard | Joe Hildebrand

Mon-Susie O’Brien | Joe Hildebrand
Tues -Samantha Maiden | Derryn Hinch
Wed -Bianca Dye | Nick McCallum
Thurs -Deborah Clay | Ben Davis
Fri -Samantha Maiden | Joe Hildebrand

Sat- Suzanne Mostyn | Justin Smith
Sun - Angela Mollard | Ron Wilson

1 Like

Why are we keeping records of these now?

1 Like

I was just interested to see over the week if there was any pattern. Some regulars seem to have disappeared and new faces appeared.
Is that ok?
Scroll past if it’s not of interest.

5 Likes

Relax. I was just asking.

3 Likes

Still curious to see if we’ll ever see the likes of Gretel or Jane Caro back. Ron Wilson was absent for a while. Haven’t seen Mark Riley or Basil recently. Derryn has changed to weekdays. Joe is back on 7.

Ron Wilson was on this morning.

1 Like

In February it was announced that Zempilas will be “winding back” his activities at the network due to his role as Lord Mayor of Perth.

1 Like