Sunrise

That’s Luke Bradnam, Ash’s brother. He presents weather on the Gc news and QLD weekend bulletins (and I think GC radio?). I’m not sure what his credentials are but when there is breaking weather news he is much better than Paul (imo) at analysing the event and what is going on. I don’t see Paul much but from when he was on 9, he always came off as arrogant and full of himself to me, whereas Luke seems quite approachable.

My apologies to Luke and Ash.
I wasn’t watching… I was listening in the car on the way back to Brisbane last night.

He’s well regarded in Queensland and has his own outdoors show on Mate and 7plus. Plus with his background he is actually knowledgable about severe weather. Sure he’s a bit rough but he’s also authentic.

2 Likes

Sunday 3rd April:
Angela Cox reading news this morning

8 Likes

Sadly Sam Mac’s rescue cat has died after he returned from Canada. He may take time off this week

1 Like

Chris Reason on the show this morning reflecting about his coverage of the war in Ukraine.

7 Likes

No extended coverage on Sam’s cat?

3 Likes

Be nice.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, Matt has a puppy, who he described this morning as a terrorist.

Also seen

8 Likes

I finding Weekend Sunrise more tolerable the Weekend Today at the moment. More clean compared to a messy 4 host approach.

8 Likes

I find Matt Doran annoying but still tolerable to watch.

2 Likes

James Tobin presenting Monday and Tuesday weather this week, Sam Mac took some time off after the passing of his cat

7 Likes

honestly?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s getting a bit comical at this point.

I don’t know man, if he doesn’t feel like in a good mental health spot to be working, what’s it to us?

15 Likes

If you saw his Instagram stories over the weekend you’d see how cut up he is. Everyone grieves differently. I don’t think it’s for us to judge why someone isn’t coming into work.

13 Likes

While the local news inserts were great here in Qld over summer, Sunrise feels a whole lot smoother and free flowing without them I have to say.
No sudden chopping and changing and abrupt transitions.

3 Likes

It’s a house cat. It’s not to say that he shouldn’t be incredibly upset about it but why do we have to know so much about it?

Sunrise broadcasting from Brisbane this Friday (9 April)

5 Likes

What happened to the trip to Queensland promoted for this week?

Uploading: 7HD_Brisbane_20220404_0100.ts_022900360.jpg…

5 Likes