Sunrise

5 Likes

The discussion at the buttom with all the politicians. They were just starting to have a good discussion then they were cut off. I would have let them continue.

2 Likes

The local Queensland insert was back this morning. Not sure why it was missing yesterday. Will be interested to see if it continues after the end of daylight savings.

They seem to have settled on a good schedule where the local insert lays out. That is followed by the news on a few minutes delay so that major news headlines plus sport aren’t missed like they were earlier in the year. The delayed segment is easily identified with the clock cover up. That continues until the weather segment is live.

Local segment today.

Delayed news with cover up in Queensland.

Same segment in AEDT

5 Likes

I think they should continue the local news insert.

The audience is used to it by now… and I dare say much of the audience would not realise the only reason they get their own news is because the rest of the show is on delay.

So for it to end just because daylight savings ends (the clocks don’t change in queensland) will be disruptive.

4 Likes

I agree. It should continue.

Why though? Why double up on a live window?

Have the ratings improved in Queensland since introducing local windows? I guess that’s the reason this started in the first place.

Seems “special editions” mean no local insert, usually because of some sort of rolling coverage nationally.

No. Today regularly wins Brisbane. Sunrise tends to win regions but thats always been the case.

3 Likes

Really hope they aren’t taking any of these screens with them to the new studio. Looking very worn out and weak in the brightness. The standing wall panel one’s backlight is shot and the performance area one clearly is losing its vibrancy.

4 Likes

Same could be said for local editions at 4pm?

Idk if it’s always been like this (I never watch Sunrise), but what the actual fk are those lights at the bottom of the big screen to the right of Nat. What value do they add??

1 Like

It’s the performance area. I agree the lights look quite out of place and the shiny floor is too dark for breakfast tv.

They seem to be slipping into the dungeon set mode Today used to suffer from at Willoughby.

Has the EP already left the building?

3 Likes

Promo for next week seen at the end of today’ show. Interested to see if this impacts the local updates as previously discussed.

3 Likes

According to Bianca Stone’s instagram story, that’s it for local inserts.

8 Likes

Yes - I feel the trip to Brisbane is to ease us out of the local updates.

5 Likes

Won’t they only stop this in Brisbane because daylight saving ends this Sunday.

2 Likes

Saturday 2 April -

Natarsha Belling is presenting news this morning.

10 Likes

Paul Burt has been travelling around Lismore showing the flood damage.

6 Likes

I dont know why they continue to use Burt. He is a good coastal reporter on Queensland’s news but he is a dreadful weather presenter. I don’t know why they continue with him on the National bulletins.

1 Like

At least he’s got some sort of relevant background… heard 9news Qld calling Ash Bradnam a “weather expert” last night. What the?!