Sunrise

To be fair though the politicians tactics (worldwide) have changed considerably in the last decade. They’ve pretty much gone from trying to casually avoid questions and skirt around the issue to being happy to outright lie.

1 Like

Mmmm… I can think of a certain PM who does that daily…

Really though, it’s just a simple matter of them saying. “But you haven’t answered my question.”

1 Like

Eddy and Shirvo’s interview with Greg Hunt today. Better interview/questioning than they did with ScoMo? Shirvo did ask at least one question.

6 Likes

Beretts appeared on Good Morning Britain this morning, reporting on Djokovic’s visa being declined.

11 Likes

All of the Weekend Sunrise team is back this morning (Mon, Matt, Sally and JT).

9 Likes

You realise Matt got married over summer right? I think he was perfectly happy to go on a honeymoon instead of sit in a studio for 2 weeks.

9 Likes

You should apply for a job with one of the Nine/Fairfax magazines considering you’re quite happy to make comments about Sunrise presenters for the sake of it when you know there is absolutely no truth in them at all.

5 Likes

Caps of the team back together today.

Note the quick change for Monique from seated opening shot to standing presentation. Program finished at 9:29 AM AEDT. Queensland left the program after a “back with more” to go to Ashes coverage at 8:55 AM local time.

8 Likes

Deleted my earlier comments as they were misinterpreted.

I’d like to see Shirvo added as weekend sports presenter once he’s finished his hosting stint over summer.

I think WS really need to allow longer for Derryn and Gretel on a Saturday morning. I really enjoy listening to them but it’s always too rushed.

4 Likes

You could have just set the record straight rather than destroyed the evidence. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

So Sunrise, if Qld is having a “deadly flood emergency”, why aren’t you live into the state this morning?

3 Likes

Two reasons…

a) the flood emergency is limited to a small region, which is prepped and ready. There’s not a lot thats new to report until it peaks.

b) going live requires staff in Brisbane to facilitate it, and from what I’ve seen, they’ve been decimated by COVID. Resources are stretched to the max.

1 Like

If what you say is the case, and it’s not worthy of going live or making a national program, they shouldn’t use sensationalist language and make it a top headline.
They already had a reporter in Qld who they crossed to so no need for any more staff than what they already had. I’m not talking about rolling coverage, just airing the program live, so any info is current.
Ashes cricket could’ve just followed on at 8.30 Qld time on the main channel.

2 Likes

Good idea, especially when following straight into Ashes.

4 Likes

I’ve suggested in the past that Weekend Sunrise should air live into QLD during daylight savings (so 6.00am to 9.00am), but was told my some members that it was a bad idea because Queenslanders will be asleep when the show starts? :man_shrugging: (The sun rises at around 5am in QLD this time of year)

5 Likes

The problem isn’t the show starting early, it is that it finishes early - what does Seven fill the last hour with? In today’s case there was cricket but otherwise Weekend Today would potentially have the market to themselves for the last hour of the show.

3 Likes

Given the Maryborough CBD has now flooded I hope at least local news inserts return tomorrow. Otherwise what was the point of ever starting them?

1 Like

I’ve seen quite a few posts online about employees at BTQ testing positive. If I’m honest, I’m amazed they’re able to still produce a 4pm bulletin, let alone sunrise inserts.

You’re right though, it is a huge story and being live would certainly one up Todays Queensland WM.

6 Likes

Might have to be any warm body available lol
Or remotely if they don’t have symptoms.

Edit: Joel Dry is there for 7News tonight. Perhaps he could do the cross?

4 Likes

I can’t see a day time schedule for tomorrow but maybe go live and then TMS and Morning News an hour early, then a Qld bulletin at 11.00 if they have staff?

I think they did that recently…

2 Likes