Sunrise

They can play filler content to catch up in Brisbane. Like a random Border Security episode which is what they show on 7 Plus while the cricket is on as some idiot gave Foxtel the streaming rights. There really is no excuse to not be live into Queensland all year around. Not just outside of daylight saving.

4 Likes

And also it’s priorities… send a reporter to Serbia… is that necessary if you’re short staffed? Or the double headers during summer in Sydney and Melbourne?
Qld has been very loyal to 7 and Sunrise over the years (maybe not Sunrise of late) … time to repay the loyalty ro regional areas.

1 Like

I’ll has it a guess that the Serbia reporter is temporarily in the Europe bureau. Sarah Greenhalgh would be just about due to finish her holidays but Hugh Whitfeld has worked through to my knowledge.

London cameraman Jimmy Cannon is in Serbia so they are using the European Bureau resources.

3 Likes

Just watched the last half hour of WS that Qld didn’t see today. Interesting that the 9am opener was updated with Matt saying “happening now at 9am” but Qld wasn’t watching. It would’ve been an hour old anyway.
They had a reporter there all morning so it could’ve been live.

Also to note: they crossed to the reporter at Tiaro, but when they changed screen, it said “Gympie”. Tiaro is about 70km north of Gympie. They’re not the same place.
And all morning they kept saying about the flooding just north of the Sunshine Coast, but Maryborough is north of both Gympie and Tiaro, and about 200km from the Sunshine Coast.

As well…9am opener previewed the story about coping with covid/foods etc. But that segment had already happened 10 minutes earlier.
8am and 9am openers used the Duran Duran theme but 7am used that boppy random music they sometimes use- think they used it yesterday as well.

Should also add … JT kept saying he was at The Spit at the GC but that’s not where the Magic Millions are held. The Spit is the narrow bit of land near Southport where SeaWorld is.

1 Like

Hazard a guess?

1 Like

That’s the one

3 Likes

Monique is hosting with Shirvo this week.
Eddy is back on news and Sam Mac has returned from holidays.

8 Likes

I like Shirvo, but I would’ve had Matt host with Mon for the first and last weeks of summer, to reinforce their weekend team.

Joel Dry reporting from Maryborough. They added him into the opener.

2 Likes

Still no local news insert for Queensland this morning.

5 Likes

Perfect time for Today to either be live or insert their own “Queensland News” to continue their growth in QLD…

1 Like

Bianca Stone appears to have COVID, might explain why no presenter for Sunrise local news.

4 Likes

Brisbane numbers have been really good over summer. The only market. Not really an incentive to go live or keep the local inserts long term, unfortunately.

As you know, it’s not a one-person show. More likely the plan was always to return it when Kochie and Nat came back. However, probably would have preferred local news this week than Christmas week.

3 Likes

Ahhhh

1 Like

It’s quite possible they don’t have the staff to be able to have someone fill in as a presenter though. 6pm will always trump anything else as the flagship bulletin. So if there is risk in losing staff / an outbreak they would want all resources they have going into 6pm

3 Likes

They should have capitalised on this and run local news during summer as well. After all, daylight saving doesn’t stop for a month?

1 Like

Whilst it would be great, don’t forget this means paying for a presenter plus multiple behind the scenes staff and crew.

2 Likes

You’d think it would pay off in the end if they returned to market leader in Brisbane.

4 Likes

I don’t know the logistics but it would have been great to have the afternoon presenter do the sunrise and morning news and run a shared afternoon broadcast with another state (from another state) live with swapping the chase an hour later considering the major news of floods and the local perspectives regarding covid. As I began with I’m not sure about the limitations or logistics but would of been more relevant for Queensland’s audiences.

2 Likes

Depends if Kendall would want to do 5am-6pm every day?

3 Likes

Thursday 13 January & Friday 14 January-

With Eddy and Berett’s away Angie Asimus is presenting news and sport.

8 Likes