Sunrise

Please. It’s a gimmick, like when Koshie was on the first non-stop flight from NYC to SYD a few years ago. Except I’d argue that the first international travel in nearly 2 years is more significant than that was.

Even if it is sponsored by Qantas (which I’m sure it would be) it is still a significant news story and being on the flight is a unique angle to show - has covid changed the way we travel going forward etc?

I daresay that if there wasn’t any media on the flight, we’d be criticising them for missing the opportunity.

4 Likes

American TV presenter Matthew Hoffman has joined Sunrise’s suite of entertainment reporters Nelson, Edwina and Steve Hargreaves. His first interview from the LA bureau aired this morning.

8 Likes

Seven and Nine aren’t clones, they shouldn’t be basing their internal decisions based solely on what the other network does.

3 Likes

Not really. For the majority, it’ll be years (and for some, potentially not at all) before their financial position allows them to travel internationally again.

1 Like

What?

People haven’t travelled for nearly two years. Most would have so much savings by now.

2 Likes

No doubt there will be some people in that position who were lucky enough to have stable work and income during the pandemic, but don’t underestimate how hard financially the last 2 years have been on more people than you’d think.

4 Likes

The notion that “it’ll be years/ never that people won’t be able to afford travel” is pure nonsense.

That was my point.

1 Like

drifting off topic, but a lot of that is assuming the prices for travel remain the same as they did pre-pandemic and over a longer period that remains to be seen.

3 Likes

Sunrise doing brilliant rolling coverage right now. Nat and Kochie at their best.

5 Likes

That Ben Downie hasn’t taken a breath in 5 minutes though :flushed:

2 Likes

Annnd the lights are on in Perth… great to see the Perth feeds taking the east ! Better than the old breaking news on a 3 hour delay

8 Likes

Was about to ask what are they doing in Perth? They’ll probably just stick with Sunrise and then do their own local coverage.

Wonder if Sunrise will stay on until midday eastern.

1 Like

Did they start at 5am in WA or even earlier?

2 Likes

Sunrise while having rolling coverage is good people tune in on the half hour and hour for news. There is other stuff happening so Sunrise should still be taking the news as normal and then going back to the coverage.

4 Likes

Sunrise live to all markets this morning. Note the clock coverup.

Sunrise continuing past 9:10 am in Sydney/Melbourne.

Perth

Brisbane

6 Likes

Brisbane got local news inserts at 6.00 am and 6.30 am when it was reported that Cleo had been found. The feed switched to live after the local insert with the incorrect time which was then covered up.

No local inserts since 6.30 am.

7 Likes

They should have had the local inserts as normal. Probably more difficult to handle the intros etc during the live coverage. Ben Downie looks very inexperienced but is handling things well. I stopped watching at 9am, how long did the coverage last for?

1 Like

Local Sunrise in Perth after eastern program finished at 10am AEDT.

9 Likes

Morning show on in east.

3 Likes

WA now back to the delayed feed to when the news was first breaking.

5 Likes