Sunrise

Just because you can’t go anywhere doesn’t mean someone can’t take leave for a break from the daily work schedule. Taking breaks even if not “going away” is good for mental health and actually leads to a better work ethic in the long run!

5 Likes

Yup, very aware of that.

Was a bit tongue & cheek about the current situation.

1 Like

Matt Doran hosting with Nat this morning, so I assume he got an exemption to skip 14-day quarantine?

4 Likes

Transitions between Brissie Central and Brekky Central have been much better of late… however the 8.10 cross back from news to weather was awful… Eddy was near finishing the news but was cut off mid sentence and it transitioned to Sam saying “yes I am Nat”… Qld viewers have no idea what he was talking about.

1 Like

It’s not a 14-day quarantine. It’s a lockdown. So you could always travel from Melbourne to Sydney for essential work. You have the 5 reasons to leave home etc.
But that all comes off from Monday.

2 Likes

Are you sure? If that was the case why didn’t Bec travel for Weekend Today etc?

1 Like

Yep. Because you couldn’t get back to Melbourne until the hard border lifted.

NSW haven’t had a hard border against Vic this year, just the softer stay and home orders.

Think of it if you went to Sydney you had to live under the Melbourne lockdown rules.

Agree it’s very confusing.

1 Like
10 Likes

Sunrise won last week’s ratings by the biggest margin over Today in 8 weeks. This was despite Today winning on Thursday. The blowout margin was largely due to Today dropping below 200k on Wednesday. Sunrise beat Today in Sydney, Adelaide and Perth while Today was ahead in Melbourne and Brisbane.

Compared to week 44 of 2020, Sunrise was down by almost 30k with Today down by almost 10k.

5 Likes

Matt Doran has flown to London expect to report on the show with international borders opening.

2 Likes

In economy class. Purse strings must have tightened at 7.

3 Likes

They could of done it as part of a deal with Qantas they would fly him there at least in business class.

1 Like

Is that really necessary?

I wonder how offended the journalists who are posted permanently to these overseas locations must be when networks do this?

Hugh not capable of doing exactly what Matt will do?

I’d be pretty annoyed if I was them.

4 Likes

They’ve certainly been tightened for quite a while now. Quite ironic for Seven though that they could’ve potentially saved some money by not doing these kinds of things which are just unnecessary. I mean Today aren’t sending the likes of Charles Croucher to America or something to report on this so why is this even necessary?

Mind boggling stuff from Seven if they think this is the kind of stuff that will rate.

4 Likes

Clearly they’re only doing this to boost Matt’s profile.

It’s great for us viewers to have the weekend host reporting from overseas, but it does seem like a waste of resources, especially since they’ll need to find fill-in presenters to host Weekend Sunrise.

5 Likes

I assume Qantas did pay for him, he was at the first class lounge over the weekend.

If the story is to cover the first flight over Hugh would not have been able to do that.

3 Likes

What’s to cover?

Footage of Matt on the plane? Riveting stuff. :sleeping:

Could have just filmed that in Sydney and not left the tarmac lol.

1 Like

I guess people travelling for the first time in 18 months. What the pre-flight and onboard experience is like and how it has differed from before. What it has been like for the crew to fly after so long (although some of them would have been doing repat flights).

There’s a few different angles I’d say.

4 Likes

Until now it’s been great. Extra seats free and no long no lines or busy airports. Getting back to normal now.

2 Likes

Shaun White is on the flight from Sydney to London too. Queue the outrage :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes