Sunrise

But Yahoo7 doesn’t exist anymore - Seven West Media no longer owns Yahoo. They sold it back in 2019, so there wouldn’t be any direct influence from them in producing the article.

Also, the article was written by a freelance journalist. So it just seems lucky that Sunrise has a bit more exposure.

5 Likes

A very interesting comment in the Sunrise promo for this week shown on 7 News Sydney tonight.

After promoting everything coming up it ends with Kochie saying “tune in for all your local news”.

Are Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide getting local morning news?

5 Likes

You can really see how scripted things are when you have someone like Matt Shirvington present (he’s just not a natural presenter and is a bit too wooden imo).

3 Likes

Also known as daily fodder for Daily Mail, New Idea.

Aka, an article with little substance. Also not sure how Sunrise is losing its No.1 slot when it still rated No.1 for the majority of the year.

But hey don’t let the fanboying distract from anything :joy:

2 Likes

They’ve been saying this for years

3 Likes

Can’t say I’ve ever heard it before. How can they say that when they haven’t been doing local news? Stretch of the truth much.

3 Likes

Haven’t you been keeping up with the recent ratings? Today winning east coast and sometimes (rarely winning 5 city). I know its rare but they are concerned

2 Likes

I was saying for the majority of the year Sunrise is still No.1 They’d be concerned but I’d hardly say they’re losing their No.1 slot.

I’m guessing you’re just happy and upset at Today winning and Sunrise winning respectively :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

As we all know, when it comes to ratings, everyone’s a winner!

2 Likes

The Australian’s Media Diary reports that “Palaszczuk’s war with Sunrise escalates”!

When she appeared on breakfast TV last week to discuss Queensland’s border reopening, her interview with Sunrise was very serious with lots of tough questions.

David Koch started by demanding answers on behalf of the Queenslanders locked out due to a shortage of hotel quarantine rooms in Brisbane. No special privilege for them? They have to wait until December 17? Gee that’s a bit harsh don’t you think?” asked Koch .

Now aware she was in hostile territory, Palaszczuk reached peak agitation when Natalie Barr asked about whether hospitals could cope with an influx of Covid-19 patients when the borders reopen. A visibly irritated Palaszczuk met questions with questions: “Is the NSW hospital system coping? Is the Victorian hospital system coping?”

This compares to her interview with Today where Karl Stefanovic could “barely contain his excitement throughout a bubbly interview with Palaszczuk”, joking that he’ll meet her at 12.01am on the 17th of December at the Sunshine Beach Surf Club, with Annastacia laughing at his comments saying she’ll “meet him there”.

Whether the Queensland Premier will appear on Sunrise again in the short-term or just stick to Today, who knows.

4 Likes

Whatever happens, wherever she goes, the audience goes lol.

1 Like

Well she has a long term ban placed on 4BC for tough questioning.

I suspect Karl is more sympathetic because he’s a former Queenslander.

Most media outside Queensland are still failing to understand whats happening here. There’s not a lot of sympathy for people who have left the state and want to come back.

4 Likes

I don’t think Premier Palaszczuk has an issue with Sunrise. However, Queenslanders might have an issue with Sunrise.

Here’s the interview where Natalie Barr starts with “Why release [the roadmap] now”. Several questions were negative - as usual for the show, but there wasn’t any evidence that the Premiere cared. or won’t be back on the show.

4 Likes

Maybe Bianca Stone could feature more on the show…oh wait.

3 Likes

This morning Barnaby Joyce called Nat ‘Fran’ on two occasions, presumably in reference to radio presenter Fran Kelly. He apologised to Nat and laughed it off, but then called her ‘Fran’ a third time, a few minutes later. Must’ve been a busy morning of interviews and he got the names mixed up.

1 Like

Either that or more likely he’s a stupid idiot.

11 Likes

That one.

5 Likes

That is not a good enough excuse she should be able to handle tough questioning. She can’t just hide away. If the station was rude sure she has the right to bar the station. But for tough questions no.

3 Likes

Agreed. She’s the premier. It’s her job to answer the tough questions.

5 Likes

This is totally the wrong thread but if you’re an elected official you need to decide if it’s worth going on a certain program or not based if it’s politically worth your while. So why would a Labor politician go on a station that already has a Conservative bent or has a high Conservative audience? You simply wouldn’t bother. Politics 101.

Politicians (of all political colours) all the time refuse interviews based on a range of factors even simple things like because they don’t like the person interviewing them or they don’t want to talk about certain issues.

It’s very green to think that Sunrise gets everyone they ask to appear on their show especially when they’re not even the leading program in audience figures in their particular state or territory.

4 Likes