Sunrise

This is what I mean when I say each city needs a three minute local window at :10 and :40 past every hour where they can go live and local ro connect with the city / state

It does not just need to be News headlines

It can be lifestyle, interview, music, this type of thing, extended weather or traffic. Live on site somewhere.

Obviously news of course, especially 6-8, but the 8 hour crosses can be more this type of thing

Content that really connects to the city

2 Likes

Matt Shirvington co-hosting with Mon this morning. Matt Doran continues to host from Melbourne.

7 Likes

Oh ffs here we go again Sunrise… bagging Qld… Matt Doran: low vaccinations in Qld- “is it poor leadership from the top?” then in Hot Topics Justin Smith suggests Qld should “look to NSW as a model to follow”… yeah right, no thanks…

3 Likes

They’re not having a dig, they’re reporting the facts. QLD is extremely behind and reports this morning experts are worried they won’t reach acceptable rates in the regionals.

7 Likes

Yes - very few cases, very few deaths, not much time in lockdown, obviously a terrible approach adopted by QLD…

5 Likes

I agree they’re the facts but it’s not an issue of our leadership which is very strong. The message has been consistent for days, weeks, months about being vaccinated and they’ve thrown everything at it… Bunnings vaccines, school vaccines, politicians visiting the towns with low vaccination rates…
but we do not need to follow anything that’s happened in the southern states, thanks very much.
And I disagree, they ARE having a dig… they think they’re all wonderful now opening up in the southern states… but they still have high case numbers and death rates (Qld has only had 2000 cases and 7 deaths I think during the WHOLE PANDEMIC!)…
Qld will get there…. just not the same sense of urgency atm.

4 Likes

A slight exaggeration there.

3 Likes

Not it’s not.

ACT is at 85%
NSW is at 83%
VIC is at 71%
QLD is at 59%

QLD is absolutely way behind.

3 Likes

They’re a few weeks behind, stop exaggerating. There doing reasonably well for a state that hasn’t had a large outbreak. Unlike NSW and Victoria.

12 Likes

But when there’s so much on the line, such as closed borders, I’d absolutely say that QLD is way behind the other states. You cannot fly into QLD for another month, and can’t drive in for another two months. I’d say that’s a reflection of their poor vaccination effort.

1 Like

Really? That’s a surprise… must be a labour government.

2 Likes

Not surprising considering they haven’t had a major outbreak like NSW and VIC - was always going to take longer.

8 Likes

Sure, fine, and that’s great. But it doesn’t change the facts. Qld is 25% behind the ACT. That’s a lot. They are behind. Whether they’ve had COVID or not. The facts are the facts.

2 Likes

ACT is less than quarter the size of Qld in population… not a great comparison in vax rates… lol

7 Likes

Sounds like you’re just looking for an excuse to bring QLD down.

8 Likes

Oh my god why does everything have to have a secret hidden agenda?

Listen to yourself. Why would I want to “bring a state down”?

Absolute nonsense. It’s just laughable.

2 Likes

As a Victorian, Queensland you have done a great job, keep up the good work. We look forward to seeing you guys soon.

But I’m absolutely sick of the “Pro Sydney / “Pro Right Wing” members putting you down on this forum.

8 Likes

I think @David is copping it unnecessarily.

The idea he wants to bring a state is down is laughable. We are one country, we are all in this together.

Facts are facts. QLD’s vaccination rates are lagging behind other states and territories. There’s no two ways about it. The end.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I’m not trying to bring anyone down!

The numbers don’t lie!!

I don’t get what you’re not seeing here?

QLD IS behind the other states. End of story. There’s no way to spin this.

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing and slamming QLD bla bla bla I’m just stating the FACTS and DATA.

2 Likes

That is what it sounds like from the posts above.

3 Likes