Sunrise

Yes I agree. I don’t know how anyone could think that comment was in any way a comment on her femininity. Strange.

4 Likes

I like Nat as co-host.

8 Likes

If they want to make changes, get rid of Doran. Having Beretts on this morning was great and fresh. Wasn’t any of the same old negative comments and bias that we’ve seen the last 12-18 months. I used to like him, but not anymore.

3 Likes

He always looks so grumpy these days. If only something could cheer him up like a partnership with Tarsh or something on Weekends. Monique to weekday news.

1 Like

Just a shame that it took Today breathing down their necks for them to innovate and try this out.

7 Likes

I agree with this, but not because of so called bias but because IMO he’s far too much of a serious journalist for a format like Sunrise. I also think Matt’s taken the spotlight away from Monique, and she was able to get it back this morning with Matt not there.

Matt should be a Senior Reporter and fill-in newsreader for Seven News Sydney, in my opinion.

I think Mon and Beretts have great chemistry and I’d be happy to see them host weekends permanently, but then it becomes tricky because Beretts would have to be taken off weekday sport or they’d have to have someone else do it two days a week.

4 Likes

That wasn’t the point of this comment at all.

2 Likes

“Female star power”
Why not just label it as her “star power” then, adding female to it to me insinuates an issue with her femininity?

That’s fine though, we can disagree.

2 Likes

What a ludicrous comment.

2 Likes

@TVHead That’s fine, maybe I read into it to much? I’ll happily admit that, I don’t think we need to be nasty in the response ? Hold off the attack dogs. Lol :man_shrugging:t2:
I just think it was an unnecessary thing and if written by Annette Sharp, we’ll we all know how she is with female empowerment!

And I don’t see Nat having any less “star power” than Sam…

I really like Nat in the role. The other areas of the show are what need changing not her position as cohost.

Also glad to see they are rolling out further local news

EDIT: shock horror it is written by Anette Sharp…

5 Likes

100%. Don’t care what others say but Nat with all her experience and her charm, relatability and elegance is the best host Sunrise’s had since Mel left. As good as the likes of Monique/Ange are they’ve got nothing on Nat.

Don’t get the hate for Nat honestly. The Sydney-based content plus tabloid approach is a real pain to witness.

7 Likes

She is the most genuine thing on the show since Mel left. People must have got used to Sam’s editorials and sadly, maybe that’s what the audience want.

7 Likes

Not that it really needs to be said again…but she’s one of the worst journalists/columnists in Australia.

I’m pretty sure a male journalist/columnist would quite rightly be condemned (if not get the sack) for the types of misogynistic commentary ​Annette Sharp has gotten away with in her Daily/Sunday Telegraph articles on a not irregular basis!

Agreed. Not sure about others, but I personally think Natalie Barr comes across as being the type of person who doesn’t necessarily agree with all content decisions made by the program she fronts every weekday morning.

5 Likes

I think it was also News Breakfast winning Melbourne.

5 Likes

Considering the tone and direction it’s taken the last 10 years, that’s not surprising

3 Likes

This ugly backdrop behind Sally was gone this morning replaced by a blue “sunrise” … WS trying a few different camera angles and mixing up backdrops etc today.

6 Likes

That doesn’t make sense though. It can’t simultaneously be that viewers started to turn off Sunrise (in part) because of its perceived pro-NSW/anti-QLD/VIC bias (if some on this forum are correct) yet they’re not ‘returning’ after the host which significantly contributed to that has left the show.

3 Likes

I agree with that.
But I don’t get the reference to “star power” does having editorials mean you have more star power? Is that what they think they need behind the desk (Sam) That’s more what i was getting at.

1 Like

Isn’t that what TEN did with Wake Up.
Nuala prerecorded local news and it was inserted at set times.

1 Like

It was done terribly. Then they did opt outs presented by the reporter in the city but again that gained no traction. Wake up was a mess. A shame thought. Look at the shit 10 airs now from 6-8am.

3 Likes