Sunrise

If Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth are all local, what are they opting out from? Sunrise could go even more Sydney centric (poor Adelaide). Sydney is a market where they have lost a lot of viewers to Today recently.

3 Likes

Looks like they are taking my recommendation from a few months back. Haha.

2 Likes

Would be so much more streamlined if all states go local at the same times… transitions will be smoother and the remainder of the program planned appropriately

9 Likes

Local news cutaways are handled so well in the US, why don’t they follow that example? Do national/international news with Eddie and then throw to the local news which then goes to a commercial. Have Eddie pre-record local news cutouts for markets without a proper break out.

7 Likes

I’m sure it’ll get better and more consistent once other cities come on line.

Well done Seven on launching local news in the mornings.

4 Likes

Has always been the case

1 Like

If Melbourne’s inserts are just Templeton and Curry they may as well not bother.

4 Likes

Interesting quote from the article in The Daily Telegraph.

Seven executives have hinted the Sunrise panel may also be reshaped in coming months with the appointment of another key regular presenter, one who would fill the position left vacant in March after Natalie Barr was promoted to Armytage’s chair and entertainment reporter Edwina Bartholomew was tapped to step in as newsreader.

The pregnant Bartholomew, sources have hinted, may return to her old entertainment reporter role in 2022, a move that would in turn allow the network to bring in a new newsreader or return Barr to her former position, should the network decide it needs more female star power at the helm.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Good to see that they had a live cross to Hobart.

11 Likes

How the hell is this still part of that backdrop? It’s fucking hideous. What even are these boxes meant to be?

15 Likes

Templeton wasn’t on last week…. cough rehearsals cough . Soz. Shame they lost Bec.

You can’t do local news in just three cities… might as well go all five. It’d make the show better (and easier for them). In turn, you don’t need a newsreader anymore, IMO. Just have Kochie and Nat do the national news. And local weather inserts during the weather segment.

5 Likes

Oh god you’re probably right.

3 Likes

Agree, they need a well known Melbourne presenter (face). I would say Blake Johnson, but I know he’s currently heavily utilised for Melbourne’s 6pm main news.

Rebecca Madden would be my pick, but it would be too expensive in grabbing her from Nine.

5 Likes

Despite what some have said about Nathan Templeton’s reporting, I actually think he’s a fairly good presenter, from what I’ve seen of him doing sport on Seven News Melbourne quite a few years ago.

If this is true from Annette Sharp (possibly because Eddy might seek a reduced role when she returns from maternity leave), I wouldn’t mind seeing Nat return to news and bring in Monique as host. Alternatively, if they want Nat to stay as host, then perhaps they could poach Sarah Harris or Natarsha Belling. Just a thought but unlikely.

1 Like

Isnt Natarsha part-time at Seven?

1 Like

From what we’re hearing, it seems like the news presenter is going to be state based in all cities. If they’re going local in Perth / Brisbane and Melbourne, it’s only a matter of time until Sydney and Adelaide do to. Very similar to how local versions of the Afternoon News commenced.

4 Likes

She does a few segments for The Morning Show.

2 Likes

What a disgusting comment from that article. So Nat isn’t feminine enough? That’s horrible.

8 Likes

I think it’s her star power the article is questioning, not her femininity.

7 Likes