Sunrise

Why cant they do this with Melbourne and other cities?

2 Likes

Because $$$$

1 Like
2 Likes

Saw a promo that Sunrise will have a “world exclusive interview” with Meghan Markle’s father, Thomas Markle, sometime this week.

ffs… I mean yeah, every interview is an exclusive. No one else has that exact interview.

2 Likes

And also… why? Lols

2 Likes

Because some sad people will watch?

They only do it in Perth because Nine does the same.

2 Likes

It takes one network to bite the bullet and launch something, then either Nine or Seven will follow.

If not, nothing till then.

1 Like

Because it’s a waste of resources that could be used elsewhere.

hmm… not sure about, as Sunrise is constantly coming 3rd in Melbourne at the moment.

1 Like

I guess at the end of the day, the networks are mostly concerned about the overall placing taking into account all five cities, which pretty much always is Sunrise in Number 1.

I just can’t see them installing local news windows for Melbourne and Brisbane in the short term future. It means employing more production staff and removing presenters/reporters from other programs to do local news inserts. Just too costly.

1 Like

That background looks cheap. Don’t they have a screen behind like 7 News Melbourne ?

Wait until you find out how fake the rest of the set is!

1 Like

Even if Sunrise was coming first in Melbourne, I can’t see how it’d be a waste of resources to do local news windows for a market with 5 million+ people!

Its really not much of an extra cost on the network. Melbourne and Brisbane’s add revenue and profit in the mornings can easily justify additional staff and crews in both these cities.

This is something that you want to see desperately, is it possible that that’s blinding your judgement here? It’s simply not a logical decision for seven cost wise especially with them being in cost reduction mode as of late.

The purpose of the Perth News is obviously the time difference. If there’s live breaking news in Melbourne, Sunrise has two correspondents on the ground and can break in to their normal schedule.

7 Likes

No, 9 doesnt anymore. They do a segment for Perth but no live perth-based Updates.

2 Likes

Looks good. Brisbane could easily do this over summer with daylight saving.