Sunrise

I’d guess it’d depend on how long the lockdowns continue after DST begins.

Can’t see TV ratings budging that much while NSW & Victoria remains more or less restricted to in-home entertainment and information options.

It’s still important for a fresh coat of paint every few years. Televison is a visual medium - things need to look contemporary, modern. Not that it effects ratings - but it effects the vibe, the experience etc. And Sunrise was looking blocky, chunky and outdated.

Also I think advertisers and media types notice much much. It’s also important to stay fresh and up to date for these circles of people - which can effect bottom line.

7 Likes

Agree…Sunrise’s numbers have remained pretty steady since the Olympics concluded, so it’s not a switch off.

I’m also happy the ticker is gone. Much cleaner.

5 Likes

The Paralympics are still on

Sunrise constantly squeezes the weekend ‘newsfeed’ into like 3 mins before the hour but you still never get to hear much from the guests because Matt won’t stop talking.

4 Likes

Yes I wish they’d start earlier. It’s the segment of the whole show that I enjoy most, particularly Gretel.

2 Likes

Judging by this, it appears that Seven are now allowing guests to come into the studio…despite NSW still recording thousands of cases a day.

Sarah DiLorenzo, Weekend Sunrise’s nutritionist, featured in the image below, has been doing her segment live via Zoom for the past few weeks, until this morning.

8 Likes

Naughty Channel Seven, Very Naughty. At least the Today Show are doing Live Zoom. And Weatherman Tim Davies is inside the studio. Unlike, Sam Mac.

3 Likes

Why naughty? Isn’t it what the NSW premier wants? To open up the state and “live” with the virus? They may all be vaccinated.

2 Likes

Reality is we have no idea about their COVID Safe. They may require negative tests the day before and Rapid antigen test before entering the building. They could have density limits or who knows what.

4 Likes

The Sunrise graphics refresh as definitely made the two commercial breakfast shows look even more similar than they already did (are TV studio couches only available in one colour?).

13 Likes

Particularly evident in breaking news. More of a difference with normal supers.

2 Likes

That’s the “in” colour though. I’ve seen it used in TV shows like Neighbours too. I ended up buying mine in that colour too after seeing it everywhere. :laughing:

1 Like

With Eddy still in isolation, Monique Wright is continuing to read the news this week.

7 Likes

I’m quite enjoying her reading the news. She seems to have a good rapport with both Nat and Kochie. But it will be good to have Eddie back.

2 Likes

I apologise in advance for posting a New Idea link, but I’m sure it will be happy reading for many.

2 Likes

Why post it when you know it’s bullshit?

7 Likes

Michael and Nat will be perfect but Larry would be a good host too

1 Like

The 26 people who clicked on the link would disagree with you. :wink:

Sunrise needs to restore their ticker and get rid of that red overload. Have the breaking news banner in red but everything else in normal colours and it wouldn’t be so similar.