Sunrise

The Perth presenter shot almost looks a little too low, the angle is a little strange.

Why do they always have a solid strap on the time clock too, probably because it’s controlled locally?

“First at 8.30”

10 Likes

Dare I say this package actually looks good? Makes 7 News look shithouse though.

With a story from 9pm AEST last night?

7 Likes

In terms of the new graphics, I like them a lot! A little perplexed about the logo being tweaked within the last few months now looking more similar to the previous, but I’m happy a majority of what we saw in terms of the glassy title card and angled transitions survived the cut, unless the updated sun is a gradual transition, as suggested by @inthewild.

The opener graphics are quite large, and some elements remind me of both the previous and current NBC Today graphics:

2019 graphics:

2021 graphics:

Correct.

1 Like

Colour palette unchanged for The Voice cross promotion - was ‘purple’ in the previous package.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t even know this is the same network.

1 Like

Looks great. It’s warm and inviting and a massive step-up from the last.

4 Likes

the other cities don’t have the company chairman living there

2 Likes

7 Likes

I’d rather they use the morning show coffee table. Suits the style of the main desk more.

2 Likes

The new graphics are a massive improvement over the previous package - most elements look really good. My only major bugbear is the massive white space gap between the weather flipper and the clock which makes the latter’s placement seem out of place. Extending the info bar/weather flipper would not only address that but give the former more room.

In regards to the flipper being dropped, it’s going to be an adjustment for some but it continues a trend of tickers/flippers not being used anymore. For example, MSNBC stopped using a ticker a few years ago while I think Fox News only uses their ticker during prime time programs now.

3 Likes

Its also getting content that’s three hours out of date for most of the year.

5 Likes

Perth News

12 Likes

Miss it too already. Hopefully the bottom orange bar is reused for that capacity.

2 Likes

No ticker reminds me of pre-2002

Weekend Sunrise logo on 7Plus:

8 Likes

New package looks great. The opener could be easily adapted to 7NEWS too.

Wish they’re retire the Weekend Sunrise title though and just call it Sunrise across the board.

6 Likes

The opener title card is great. Love the use of skyline images. Does anyone know if they were localised?

2 Likes

I wonder how SA and WA viewers felt about the new opener only showing landmarks from NSW, VIC and QLD…

9 Likes

The new look is nice.

They should change the black and white colour scheme at the bottom though, does not fit the rest of the theme and too similar to ABC News:

5 Likes