Sunrise

Good that they made changes over a period of time and not all at once, so it won’t be a massive shock for the audience. Started with the desk and presentation changes and a few weeks later launched a new graphics package.

My only criticism would be not having the ticker shown permanently.

Hopefully the live shot hasn’t been removed completely.

3 Likes

Finance - possibly showing potential for a different colour pallette for special events.

8 Likes

Video of some of the graphics.

13 Likes

Studio looks to be back to normal - no hanging glass logo :frowning:

9 Likes

Really liking the new look. Very slick.

8 Likes

Loving the very nostalgic new package, I think they need the ticker though so hoping that will make its way back in the next few days.

8 Likes

Reminds me of a mix between Today graphics and Seven News

3 Likes

The old couch is back.

Really nice!

New look looks great….hopefully we see a 7News relaunch tonight too

3 Likes

7 Likes

I think the studio looks much better these days with the timber frame and textured wall replacing all that plastic and all those light boxes. I haven’t watched the show in a while so it all looks new to me but scrolling back in this thread it looks like they must have phased all those changes in over the last couple of months. So it was handled better than the big, jarring change five years ago. Love the new desk with the sunrise image on it. Lots of warm colours in the background light boxes look good too.

Not sure about that white light at the bottom of the desk reflecting off the floorboards. It should either be a warm yellow or orange or be turned off.

5 Likes

Anyone who was watching earlier this morning know if Barnaby and Joel were on?

No, they had the olympics segment.

1 Like

Will be interesting to see what The Morning Show’s graphics will look like. I assume pretty much identical in terms of design to Sunrise but just different colours? TMS might even include a clock going forward.

Traffic super is out of date

4 Likes

I like it. I imagine they’ve drawn inspiration from NBC Today.

Looks like the night shift took care of it.

5 Likes

Sunrise Perth News:

The previous transition graphic made a brief appearance during and towards the end of the Update:

15 Likes

Is that a virtual set in Perth?

1 Like

Why don’t other markets have this local news?

If the investment can be justified in the smaller market of Perth where 7 already dominates, surely the investment would sense in the much larger markets too

1 Like