Sunrise

Also that shot of Melbourne is about a year and a half old. Would be better doing a shot of Flinders Street station. Soemthing more constant that doesn’t need to be updated frequently

1 Like

I actually think the new logo would work better with this package than the current one. I hope they update that too in the coming weeks but understand the slow and steady approach given the experience of the last major refresh in 2016.

As seen here this morning:

3 Likes

The location straps for the live cross shouldn’t take up the whole box (or at the very least centre them). I also really don’t like the greyish blue backdrop… it doesn’t fit the rest of the package. Seems more appropriate for 7 News. The 2010 weather maps stick out poorly too.

Really? That part of the opener seemed too choppy… the skylines come and go between the generic sunrise sky so quickly, it almost seems like it loses the point.

And increase the time between transitioning… it was spinning too frequently.

2 Likes

I like it to be honest, reminds me of early 2000s Sunrise:

images - 2021-08-09T091923.220

Plus, it’s been a while since Seven used black in their graphics.

Wow. Who would’ve thought Sunrise would look good these days. Very nice, simplistic yet aesthetically pleasing relaunch and definitely makes Sunrise a LOT more polished presentation-wise.

Imagine if the people who designed these nice graphics also worked on Seven News…That would be spectacular.

3 Likes

Quite like the look of this package. Far better than the previous package, and I feel like it will age better as well.

I don’t think we will see that logo as part of the on air presentation. I think the logo was changed again after that was designed. Possible someone jumped the gun in ordering those mic flags

They wouldn’t create the new desk image to
Then change it to a new logo again

During the show when they go to break.
Caps; 7plus

11 Likes

Not sure about everyone else, but I personally think Sunrise’s new graphics are very reminiscent of Seven News’ 2010 look (what with the angles and stuff).

Probably would’ve been good back then, but design trends have moved on.

4 Likes

The black and white text doesn’t work with the overall yellow/orange theme, looks out of place.

The black and white colour area needs to be replaced with darker tones of Sunrise themed colours.

2 Likes

Disagree, trends come full circle and Sunrise’s are now almost comparable to any leading international news service.

Only so many times you can reinvent the wheel.

11 Likes

Probably easier to be less instantly recognisable.

1 Like

I really like this, shame they went back to the old theme song. Something more “news” like would have been less cheesy.

I like the theme, it’s unique but would be great for them to get a new remix of it I reckon.

I take it the desk doesn’t move over to the window anymore? From the caps it looks like they are exclusively using the former couch area throughout the morning.

First sign of transition away from the street-frontage and into a lifeless office building :cry:

3 Likes

Yeah that sounds quite likely so it’s as not as much of a shock, get used to not showing streetscape

1 Like

Which is what the Today Show has done. Though they can still call it Weekend Sunrise if they do drop the Weekend branding.

I’m surprised Sunrise wasn’t called Olympic Sunrise during the Olympics which is what some On-Air Presenters have done during past games.

Potentially rights. Also, they weren’t at the Olympics, and were covering other things as well.

1 Like

I’m sure Seven did exactly that in the past.

1 Like

A timely change actually because there was construction happening across the road, so it was quite a dull backdrop. A few weeks ago, I hoped they would cover the ‘NSW Government’ signs that were plastered all over the site, but then they thankfully ended up moving to the bigger plasma. That is not to say I think they should not have the fish bowl. In fact, they should get rid of the divider panel, open the overhead curtains and let some natural light in… the performance area was awfully dark and that affects the overall look.

2 Likes