Sunrise

Sam won’t like that at all. Kochie seems more flexible with his days and does what he is asked.

9 Likes

As long as Seven return her to full time and pay her for 5 days, she’ll be fine with it. Rightly so though.

5 Likes

I take your point and agree to an extent… but Sam and Kochie are the product.

Overall this is great for the show as viewers can tune in and expect to see the same team each weekday.

But it kind of has a downside for each of the presenters as Kochie and Sam now have to work an extra day, Nat won’t be hosting and is back on news 5 days a week, and Eddy won’t be reading the news 2 days a week and is back on entertainment duties only.

I wonder if Seven will try and keep Kochie from going to watch Port Adelaide’s finals games (except for the GF if Port make it)?

2 Likes

Hard to see how that will make a significant difference. The ratings for days when Kochie and Sam are away aren’t the problem (if anything they are a bit higher!).

The ratings across the board and especially in Melbourne and Brisbane are the problem.

6 Likes

Its more about perception and stability. All the Sunrise marketing has Sam & Kochie front and centre, yet two days a week one of them isnt there.

Sunrise was built off the back of the “Sunrise family” so I guess its about going back to basics, and its about time.

3 Likes

Just goes to show how cocky they are thinking that allowing their two hosts to work 4 days and therefore different news readers etc wouldn’t make a difference.

People love routine and familiarity. This was always going to backfire.

1 Like

Ratings war forces Sam Armytage and David Koch back to work five days a week

2 Likes

That’s a problem too. They’ve been resting on their laurels for too long. Time to get back to what made them successful.

3 Likes

But what can be done to solve them? I know they could rein in Sam’s daily rants but would that work? Or is it that Brisbane and Melbourne are just so rusted on Nine that it wouldn’t work either way.

What exactly has Pell been doing in prime time?

The only things he did was Fire Fight and Big Brother GF. That’s all I think.

1 Like

Well Melbourne and Brisbane did once tune into Sunrise. Brisbane seems to be shifting more towards the Nine Network, now that Nine News Queensland can claim the ratings and Hot Seat being filmed there. Melbourne will be a harder market to claim for Seven seeing Nine’s long dominance there.

4 Likes

Yep. There is definitely a trend. Nine claim the east coast, while Seven claim Adelaide & Perth. We’ve seen this also bit between Today & Sunrise.

1 Like

Yet Sunrise continues to win in Sydney…

3 Likes

I wonder what time Sydney viewers change channels from Seven to Nine.

My guess is sometime between 12pm and 4pm, as Tipping Point on Nine is becoming quite dominant at the 3pm slot.

1 Like

You’d probably be right. Ever since Nine debuted Tipping Point in the 3:00pm timeslot to go up against The Chase, Sydney afternoon viewers have been sampling the new show and thereafter can stick around for the afternoon news, which I hear has been beating Seven’s afternoon news in that market as of recent.

After all I think people had been growing tired of The Chase which has been airing on weekday afternoons since 2013.

3 Likes

They would need to be producing new episodes if they want to gain viewer interest

1 Like

Wow Annette Sharp actually did her job correctly for once and got confirmation from Seven News Director…2020 keeps bringing us surprises!

14 Likes

Not sure what happened. Seems as soon as 2020 started Brisbane flipped to 9News. They’ll win by the same sort of margin as 7 did over them last year. No obvious reasons why.

As for Sunrise, hard to believe it’s now coming 3rd in Brisbane!

1 Like