Sunrise

2 Likes

SA will only reopen its border with the ACT, so Kochie will still have to self-isolate for 14 days upon arriving in Adelaide.

1 Like

Another day. And the theme continues. Bagging qld and their government in Hot Topics. Sam using her favourite phrase “playing politics”. Pot, kettle, black, Sam?
And the qld viewers continue the switch to Today.

3 Likes

Genuine question, @spw68…you’ve been a pretty ardent Seven and Sunrise fan. Have you considered switching to Today?

3 Likes

I’m a long time Sunrise viewer (Melbourne based) and I have progressively switched in the past few months (initially just sampling), to News Breakfast.

Part of the reason I have switched (not relevant for most), is the Twitter/ social media content Sunrise produces. Clips from the show are slow to upload and on average there are generally less posts a day on Sunrise compared to Today. I genuinely started switching across because I open Twitter as my first port of call each morning and Today are quick and more intuitive with their socials… I was hooked by them to an extent on Twitter and I turned on the TV accordingly.

I have been sampling both News Breakfast and Today in the past few months - while social media got me to Today, I am now fully on News Breakfast simply because there is less fluff and real news. I can’t deal with the commercial shows any more and I only truly realised once I sampled the ABC product

2 Likes

Matt Carmichael making his debut (I believe it’s his first time?) on the Sunrise News Feed this morning. Nice to be seeing a wide variety of people from Seven News popping up on the News Feed.

Matt Shirvington is usually a panellist on Wednesday mornings but he’s hosting a Facebook live event reliving the 2000 Olympics today, so is most likely busy preparing for that.

4 Likes

This should tell Seven to start reining in Sam’s Queensland rants on Sunrise.

Completely unacceptable for Sunrise standards. They need to do something fast.

7 Likes

Nothing a Queenslander hates more than someone from Sydney ranting about our state, particularly when it’s an issue (such as the borders) which has broad support.

4 Likes

Doesn’t help much for Melbourne either

2 Likes

6 Likes

I don’t mind the orange and blue on this, but the red newsfeed graphic is ugly and really looks out of place.

The lighting next to Nat needs to be more neutral too.

1 Like

Nah. It’s all fugly. The whole graphics package needs to be turfed.

4 Likes

Simon Reeve’s quiet departure from Sunrise had been well documented in the previous thread, now comes the news that he is suing Seven in the Federal Court.

Daily Mail Australia understands the presenter’s lawsuit is about entitlements he believes should have been paid out when he was let go.

At the heart of the legal dispute iswhether he was an employee of Seven - as Reeve argues he was - or an independent contractor at the time.

Seven will be defending the case and is expected to argue Reeve had ‘changed his tune’ on being a contractor after being axed.

5 Likes

Such a shame to hear that he is now at loggerheads with the network, he deserves better. Weekend Sunrise was stronger with him on it.

At least we can still get a daily dose of Simon on the Million Dollar Minute repeats on 7TWO.

9 Likes

I’ve sampled. Their weekday team is ok, but not my preference. I still prefer WS over WT. These days when I visit my parents I quite happily watch Today where once I couldn’t tolerate it at all.
So… I guess Sunrise are lucky atm. If I was a viewer who watched the whole show, I’d be changing channels as I think I’d find Sam unbearable. But as I only see part of the show before work, it’s still ok atm.

2 Likes

Both commercial breakfast shows rated lower on Wednesday but Sunrise did comparatively better opening up a 40,000 gap over Today. News Breakfast improved and was less than 10,000 behind today.

Sunrise won Sydney, Adelaide and Perth, News Breakfast won Melbourne and Today won in Brisbane.

5 Likes

Friday 18th September -
Kochie and Sam are hosting and Nat is reading the news.

Nice to see some consistency this week with Kochie and Sam hosting all five days together.

10 Likes

Sunrise won Thursday ratings; it was just under 30,000 ahead of a more competitive Today that saw its audience lift from Wednesday at the expense of News Breakfast that was more than 30,000 behind Today.

Sunrise had a big Sydney audience but Today was competitive drawing its best Sydney audience of the week. News Breakfast continued its winning streak in Melbourne with Sunrise second just ahead of Today. Today continued to win in Brisbane, where Sunrise was third. Sunrise won Adelaide and Perth with today second in both markets.

5 Likes

Daily Telegraph reporting that given the ratings war heating up, Kochie and Sam have been ordered back to working five days.

11 Likes

If they were confident in their product they wouldn’t have to do this.

5 Likes