Sunrise

That’d be a great start. And get off the constant borders/ covid topics … there’s enough of that in the news segments… talk about something else in Hot Topics.

Again… I’ve suggested before… how about some good news stories from Qld… businesses doing well. I drove from Brisbane to the GC yesterday and the traffic was very heavy. School holidays seem to be making a big difference already up here.
Get Bianca Stone out reporting. Even Burty.

4 Likes

Seems they’ve pressed the panic button then. Less opinion, more news, seems to be the consensus.

Agree though with others if they hadn’t gone 5 days a week that at least having the “A-Team” from Mon-Thu would make sense and give the show more consistency, and then have either the weekend team or Matt & Nat on Fridays.

As a Brit though refreshing to see breakfast show hosts do a full week - here on both the BBC and ITV the main presenting duos only do Monday to Wednesdays now, whilst most newsreaders do 4 days a week at most.

3 Likes

Some colours should not be seen together especially in a super

7 Likes

YUCK.

6 Likes

The font should really be white in colour and the ticker purple.

That colour combination looks like someone spewed a rainbow across the screen.

1 Like

Why do they obsess with the poo brown ticker?!

Interesting to note that Weekend Sunrise beat Weekend Today in Brisbane yesterday morning, 53k to 40k.

I would’ve thought that QLD viewers would now stick to Channel 9 in the mornings 7 days a week, but it seems they don’t

1 Like

Not sure more Sam Armytage ranting is the solution to the Melbourne and Brisbane issues to be honest.

4 Likes

It is clear that the hosts are a significant factor in choosing a breakfast show.

4 Likes

That must be the case, as we never hear Matt and Mon rant about border closures or bash Queensland.

5 Likes

I don’t know about that. I feel Mon and Matt have been waking very close to that line of late.

I think it’s supposed to be gold.

Yes supposed to be, but it looks like a poo colour.

You might want to get your bowel checked.

6 Likes

Hahaha it’s just a terrible gold is my point. It’s got too much brown in it.

The gold ticker is actually the only bit of it that looks good. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sam anchored the News Feed segment this morning which is very rare, it’s pretty much always Kochie doing the News Feed.

2 Likes

If she’s anchoring it, does that mean she can’t rave on about whatever Labor Govt is annoying her that day?

4 Likes

No coincidence that Sam has been more moderate and Sunrise’s ratings increase. Did they win in Brisbane and Melb though?
I really believe the Qld/Vic bashing has alienated the audience a bit … it can’t be all about having to be the Sam/Kochie team presenting…Nat presented for weeks and weeks earlier in the year when Sam was off and the ratings didn’t drop.

1 Like

If I understood the article correctly, allegedly Reeve was let go in early March

9 Likes