Sunrise

I thought someone had left again. Just another debate haha.

3 Likes

She’d be paid per appearance.

1 Like

Then she is a freelancer

1 Like

Eddie and Shrivo hosting. Angie on news, Berrets on sport. No weather presenter and no Nelson.

8 Likes

Well assuming he got the email.

4 Likes

What do you mean? I am just quoting what was said at the weekend.

1 Like

It was a joke. Remember how he supposedly didn’t get the email before the Adele interview. :wink:

2 Likes

A reference to the recent Adele/Matt Doran drama @JohnsonTV.

2 Likes

I wonder how many Adele songs were played at the reception?

4 Likes

6 Likes

This typo was fixed mid story

1 Like

Find it weird they’d bump Eddie up to co-host, but as the longest there from that group, Berrets maintains his sports presenting role and a fairly newbie to the network gets the plum co-hosting role?

Unless he would prefer to stay where he is and let others get experience in the co-host chair.

Strange

3 Likes

Most likely the case. He has other sport commitments with the network that requires his time plus a lot of other commitments outside the network.

5 Likes

Kochie spoke to Woman’s Day about his future on the program:

“I’ve got another year on my contract [at Seven]. We’ll see how we go next year,” he told Woman’s Day in an interview in their latest issue.

“[I’ll stay] while I’m still enjoying it and while viewers want me to do it. They’re the ultimate boss.”

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/david-koch-addresses-his-future-at-sunrise/news-story/97ae37edd497f2f4b966b40da35955aa

Great summer team in Eddie and Matt. Refreshing.

3 Likes

Completely agree and Beretts is stronger at hosting too.

Matt will likely be working both ends of the day though. Beretts has hosted plenty of times before (especially over summer) and we’ve pointed out previously about him doing weekends but not Fridays. It’s far more reasoned for us to assume that they simply prefer Matt than Mark not wanting to do the coveted gig.

In fact I’d offer that Seven is only getting their money’s worth out of Matt as I doubt he will be returned to his primetime reality hosting gigs.

1 Like

Also, he is likely being seriously considered as a future permanent host.

1 Like

Is the local QLD news with Bianca still on this week?

Yes - Queensland updates aired this morning. Included a couple of live reports plus the obligatory report on George Clooney.

4 Likes

Okay, thanks. Maybe they’ll rest it next week between Christmas and New Year. Will be interesting to see who the fill-in is when Bianca eventually is away.