Sunrise

Some caps of Sunrise’s tsunami coverage this morning; quite comprehensive; though not much post 9am

13 Likes

Good coverage of the tsunami warning on Sunrise

5 Likes

Nat is back tomorrow.

8 Likes

Kochie?

2 Likes

Not sure. She posted on her Insta story just before.

5 Likes

Bianca Stone back with local news in Qld tomorrow.

Plus there was a promo during 7News tonight in Brisbane, promoting this week’s stories.

7 Likes

Just a national promo for Sunrise shown in Queensland. Should have included the return of local inserts.

9 Likes

Katrina Blowers mentioned it at the end of the 6pm bulletin.

5 Likes

Yes. I heard that. Didn’t think it would have as much impact as a promo or message from Bianca.

8 Likes

Sunrise Perth’s presenter Matt Tinney returned last Monday without any fanfare what’s so ever.

6 Likes

Nathan Currie on ITV Evening News in the UK tonight, complete with a Sunrise mic.

13 Likes

Monday 17 January-

Kochie and Nat are back hosting with Matt Shirvington presenting sport and Monique Wright presenting news.

14 Likes

Queensland Insert

11 Likes

Looks very dark in that open studio.

8 Likes

2 thoughts about the Qld news inserts:

• Can they please just call it the “Brisbane studios”? “Brisbane television centre” sounds stupid.
  • If the remainder of the show is on an hour’s delay, why is Bianca always rushed toward the end of the weather, sounding like she is about to be cut off as she says “back to Nat” or whatever…
5 Likes

I would presume on your last point that it has to fit into a certain window of minutes and seconds, so it doesn’t throw the show out of sync.

If they go longer than the window, then news is out later next hour etc and the show itself runs long.

5 Likes

He was on Good Morning Britain earlier, and they aired some footage from Sunrise with Koch too.

2 Likes

I get that, but given they know the time they have, why is it rushed? Even if it went over, we’d be talking 1 or 2 seconds not to sound rushed.

1 Like

I am guessing here but when you’re getting a countdown in your ear, it naturally makes you speed up to finish on time.

They’ve probably gone over earlier in the bulletin and are needing to make up time.

4 Likes

In such a short time frame, having live reports is bound to cause havoc with the timing. Even if they’re only a second or two overtime, it’s a second that has to be found elsewhere. It’s why the hour long bulletins sometimes cut weather down to quite a quick overview. I guess the current solution, rather than drop content all together, is to just speed up the delivery slightly to still get the content in.

Not the best solution but dropping content from a 5 minute window wouldn’t be a good look either because it would be obvious (since it would probably be the weather update).

I actually wouldn’t mind the idea of these updates using ‘look live’ crosses instead of genuine lives, because at least then the timing can be executed perfectly.

I haven’t seen a sunrise insert this year, but I know last year they finished by checking a QLD skycam, which is good because they often overlaid the vision with music for 5 seconds or so which acts as a bit of a time buffer if the presenter doesn’t finish at the right time.

4 Likes